We stayed here prior to boarding our cruise ship. Our rate included free parking for the duration of the cruise, which would have cost us the price of the room once over at the cruise terminal, so you can't beat the price. Check in was fast and smooth and our room was ready. Dury almost always slides the paid receipt under your door before morning, so check out is nothing more than leaving your room and walking out the front door.
The evening happy hour was disappointing, but only because I'm a beer drinker, and they were out of beer. That's never happened to me at a Drury, and I'm pretty surprised that in New Orleans, you couldn't buy another keg pretty quickly. The snacks were good, and the lobby area was room and comfortable. The front desk clerk was very helpful with restaurant suggestions, directions, and hailing a cab.
I felt pretty safe here. The doors locked at 10, and didn't open up until some time later. I was sitting in the hotel lobby typing this review at 5:30 am, and more than one guest came staggering in after a night on Bourbon Street. Most had trouble with their keys (imagine that . . . ) and the front desk clerk was very rigid in checking ID's and guest registrations before she let them in. You had to use your room key to go anywhere on the elevator. No key, no elevator movement.
The breakfast was hot, tasty, and way above your basic continental, but that's what you always get with Drury. No surprises here. All in all, a great room at a great price, with amenities that cost much extra at most hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. A stay in the Big Easy doesn’t get any easier than at the Drury Inn & Suites. Located one block from the famous St. Charles trolley, you have easy access to the regal beauty of Garden District and the vibrant nightlife of the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites - New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.