I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I like Drury's midrange style, which puts it a step above a motel but still affordable. It's good for budget business travel. The desk was big and came with a power strip, which was very good to have. I also liked the fact that my room had a classic high ceiling and tall windows. The staff was generally quite pleasant and helpful. The room keys are wireless, which is easier and probably more reliable than inserted card keys. Location was reasonably close to both the French Quarter and the convention center, though neither is an easy walk in muggy weather. Another plus: Rouse's market, which is a lot like Whole Foods, is about a block away.
I wasn't so happy with the cleanliness of the room. Here's the main thing: One day, the cleaning person didn't finish the bathroom, and left dirty towels on the floor. It was as if they left in the middle of the job. It was a very irritating thing to come back to after a long day of work, when I wanted to take a shower. I called the front desk and the problem was fixed in less than an hour, but was very inconvenient.
Also, the desk had food stains, and there was a strong smell of hair oil in the room. The staff replaced the pillows and removed the armchair, which solved the problem, but it was another headache.
Overall, a hotel in good shape that's pretty well set up for business travelers, but just has to work on its cleaning.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. A stay in the Big Easy doesn’t get any easier than at the Drury Inn & Suites. Located one block from the famous St. Charles trolley, you have easy access to the regal beauty of Garden District and the vibrant nightlife of the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites - New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.