Went to New Orleans for the Final four as first time visitors. The Hotel met all of our needs,
The location was great, the staff was great, the room was great and the food was more than adequate. We were able to walk everywhere, didn't even have to rent a car, We spent 4 full days and were able to see a lot of New Orleans. We caught a trolley 2 blocks away on St Charles street and headed out towards the garden district and Tulane University. The architecture and the big houses were a pleasure to see (Get the 3 dollar trolley pass- good for all day on the trolley and bus systems which will take you anywhere you want to go until four in the morning.
There is store that sells fruit just a block away and there is a neat little pizza place two blocks away Reginelli's Pizzeria on Poydras Street (try the combo) so good we went back three times.
The WWII museum is worth the visit, Again, you can catch a trolley and be there in less than 10 minutes. The Flea market in the French Quarter is a cool place to shop, again accessible by walking or trolley. and you can meander down to Bourbon Street on foot and get happy feet listening to the great music (a 10-15 minute walk).
The NOPD were great, There was police presence everywhere, Not to rain on anybody's parade but just to make sure everyone had a good time So you felt safe whether it was four in the afternoon or four in the morning.
Had reservations about going to New Orleans but by the time the trip was over I was a full blown ambassador for New Orleans. Again, Thanks to the folks at the Drury for helping make this such a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. A stay in the Big Easy doesn’t get any easier than at the Drury Inn & Suites. Located one block from the famous St. Charles trolley, you have easy access to the regal beauty of Garden District and the vibrant nightlife of the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites - New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans