“Just the job” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: N'awlins' Funkiest Lil' Cafe, Jimmy J's serves breakfast all day, soup, salad, sandwiches, po'boys, hot plates and burgers. Signature dishes such as the Eggs Tuscan Style, French Toast Monte Cristo, and the Chicken & Andouille Gumbo are just some of the delicious reasons to visit one of the best cafe's in New Orleans. Open 7 days a week from 7 am - 11 pm. Delivery available.
Scotland
“Just the job”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had a lovely salad to share followed by duck gumbo which was delicious. First time to eat a gumbo and I loved it

Visited May 2013

Revere, Massachusetts
“Great Bacon Bloody Marys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Right off Canal Street, Bacon Bloody Marys were fabulous. Nice atmosphere, very small and cozy, good omelets and excellent home fries, but don't miss those Bacon Bloody Marys!

Weston, Florida
“Jimmy J you can skip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Highly overated. Not worth the line we waited in to get a table. Took 45 minutes to bring our breakfast, and too boot my husbands eggs were ice cold when they did bring them.. We did tell the waitress who graciously took them off the bill, but would never recommend this place to anyone

Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Cute little place for a quick breakfast before your day begins.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The waitress spoke to us outside while looking at the menu and was very nice so we decided to stop in for breakfast on a Tuesday morning in April. Coffee wasn't hot... why is the coffee never hot around here? Still a good flavor and a high enough caffeine content to get you through.

My wife ordered the pineapple run raisin french toast (a special of the day) and enjoyed it and I ordered the breakfast sandwich with potatoes and sausage (yes I'm quite daring), all was very good no complaints about stopping in. They did accept credit cards which is a plus around here. Wife complained that the temperature was cold in the cafe so tell your female counterpart to bring a sweatshirt or hoodie. A nice little place to have breakfast right outside of the Marriott in the French quarter.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“Failed to deliver”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We waited about 25 minutes to get seated on a Saturday morning about 1030. I thought it would worth the wait after reading the reviews. I ordered the huevos rancheros and my wife ordered the breakfast sandwich. Opinions are hot and cold on the food. Literally. After ordering, we waited over 30 minutes for the food to come out. Her breakfast was just fine but my eggs were literally cold to the touch. I pointed this out and they offered to make a new breakfast for me but we needed to get over to the French Quarter Festival see a band we wanted to see. They did take it off the bill but I don't think I'd go back when I visit again when there are so many good places to eat.