“Elbow Drippin Good Roast Beef” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #573 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Elbow Drippin Good Roast Beef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are looking for an authentic New Orleans style roast beef po-boy...this is the place to go. Situated in the 2600 block of Magazine St, you get the full atmosphere of true New Orleans. The place has been in business since 1949 and holds the charms of times long ago. The food was great...they offer a number of "finger lickin good" sandwiches, and the beer is ice cold! I'm gonna have the corned beef next time I'm in town. Great place!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Two Trips Here Didnt Suffice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Both times I've visited I have enjoyed their oyster poboy but their shrimp poboys are not fresh and not tasty. Parasol's has a fresh shrimp poboy and I recommend going there instead. When you eat in Nawlins you should always expect extremely fresh shrimp.

The killer at this place is, indeed, the wait time. I too understand that thi=e city is slower than most but this was a snails pace and I watched and waited for about 30 minutes.

Domilise's and Parasol are two other places close by that are excellent.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Niceville, Florida
“Good food for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had the shrimp po boy, delicious. Ordered fried pickles (huge order!), slightly salty but good. If you are in the garden district, check it out. Great beer selection.

Visited June 2013
Covington, Kentucky
“The place to party for St Pat's, nice stop for beer and poboy year round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first visit here was during St. Patrick's day weekend. Located in the Irish Channel section of New Orleans, its the place to come to party for St Pat's weekend. In fact, they have a block party between here and Parasol's (another Irish bar) a block away. I was also here in May, so I actually had time to sit and eat insde to take in the place. Huge open bar, good crowd, and nice selection of beer. Tried the poboys here, they were very good and did not disappoint.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“NE Husker Fans Enjoyed Tracey's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

At Mardi Gras World, one of the employees noted my husband's polo shirt (with NE Husker Blackshirts on it) and told us we "had to visit Tracey's" - he even got a map and circled the general area. We thanked him, but did not plan to go out of our way to visit a bar that Nebraska fans flock to for games. After a walking tour of the Garden District, we were hungry and looking for some place to grab a small bite, and ended up running right into Tracey's - small world! I can't say that this is a Nebraska hangout outside of game day, but they did have a Nebraska flag hanging in the window :) We split the special of the day - a honey BBQ pulled pork po'boy with cajun slaw and an order of fries. Yummy! At the ordering window, you can get cans to drink, but anything else needs to be done at the bar - which was crowded and I didn't want top fight for an iced tea or mixed drink. Guy taking the order was a little curt as well. I don't mind ordering at a window, picking up the food, or even busing my own table, but I would think the prices would be a little lower because of that.

• Visited May 2013