“So delicious, so authentic, so much fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Grand Cayman
“So delicious, so authentic, so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We wanted a true New Orleans breakfast, this place did not fail to please in any way. Great food, brilliant atmosphere. I would def go back and would tell anyone who goes to New Orleans, this place is a MUST go!

• Visited February 2013

Phoenix AZ
“Loved it! My favorite New Orleans breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had breakfast here on a Saturday morning after a fun night in the quarter. The Camellia Grill is an old fashioned diner with a continuous double U shaped counter. The cook is standing in the back and the wait staff shouts out your order as they take it. Great egss, excellent bacon and killer grits! Coffee is good and they keep it coming. They have drawwn butter in syrup bottles so you can really slather it on. The waiters were friendly and kept a fun banter going. It's a throwback kind of place and that seems to encourage folks to chat more than they would in a more modern place. We met folks from Portland, Texas and Florida while we ate. Just a great experience. The Camilla has replaced Mother's as my must go to breakfast spot in The Big Easy.

USA
“Great Breakfast in the Heart of the Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Camellia Grill has two horseshoe shaped counters and an open kitchen. The menu boasts sandwiches and burgers, among other things, plus a large assortment of omelets and other breakfast items. I had a mushroom omelet with cheese -- overstuffed, in the right way -- with some bacon and home fries. Food was good, coffee was good, service was good. Counter was clean. Can't ask for much more than that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Potsdam, New York
“Lunch in the Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My coworker and I had a bit of time in between sessions at our conference at the Sheraton, so we walked down to this little restaurant for lunch one afternoon. It was a great diner experience. I had this amazing little side called "maque choux" that my waiter let me try for free since I had never heard of it. It was very New Orleans and one of the best things I ate during my entire trip! I ordered a full order to go, that's how much I loved it. The prices were great and the service was good. I loved the way the whole place was set up. Will definitely be back the next time I'm in NOLA!

• Visited November 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great to see them in the Quarter now”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have enjoyed the Carrollton location for many years, so it was really great to see them in the Quarter. Very convenient location. Peanut, who we remember from the original location, is now here, and he's as entertaining as ever. The food, of course, is delicious, too. The lovely omlette, followed by the pecan waffle. No lunch needed that day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere