“Good Hotel in Downtown New Orleans” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Whitney Hotel

You added The Whitney Hotel to your Saves list
The Whitney Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly The Whitney Wyndham Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #46 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Toronto, Canada
“Good Hotel in Downtown New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here recently for a conference and I was very happy with the choice. Very conveniently located, quiet, and it was just a few minutes walk to the conference centre and French Quarter. It was one of the less expensive hotels on our conference hotel list, so that was a bonus. In an old Bank building, I liked the character. It was a small hotel, which I also liked, not the chaos of the big chains where my friends were staying. My room was large and comfortable. My only complaint was the breakfast. Very slow service and the food was unimpressive. But that is nitpicking. The hotel was great and I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Nice hotel in historic bank building. No frills, but easy walk to French Quarter or Convention Center. Was in town for convention and hotel was on the convention list. Proved to be a easy to get where I needed to be as it is on Poydras (Main business throughfare) and also easy walk to local destinations.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

After travelling with my family all day and on the way to the hotel in our taxi, I was informed via e-mail that our room was given away. This was 9:30 pm on a Friday night. The e-mail came in at 4:30 and said we had to call by 6:00 to save our room. We were of course in an airplane at the time. This allegedly was done because there was a problem with our credit card. The same credit card that we had used several times that very same day with no problems. I immediately called the hotel and was informed that not only was my room given away there were no rooms available. I asked if there was any way they could help us find another room and I was told "NO, I told you we have no rooms." I asked if he could help me find a room in another hotel and I was told "I already told you we gave your room away, I have nothing for you." When we showed up to the hotel the attitude was no better. We were flat out told that they would not help us find another hotel. So my wife and two kids with all of our luggage on the side of the road at 10:00 night managed to find another hotel. The attitude of the help was mind blowing. Absolutely convinced our room was given to someone else who was willing to pay more.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I paid for valet parking. My vehicle sat unlocked and unattended for almost 2 hours before it was parked in designated parking. Front desk clerk had no answers when I reported this. There is an ice closet, but no bucket to put ice in. Only 1 soda machine for entire hotel and it's on the 4th floor nowhere near elevator. Can soda at the bar is $5. A/C froze up early in the night so room was not cool. But the bed was the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in. The location was awesome.

Room Tip: ask for the highest floor. Indoor is extremely quiet. There's heavy sidewalk and street traffic.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WhitneyGM, General Manager at The Whitney Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your candid feedback, we'll use this information to provide excellent customer service in the future. Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectation. While your vehicle was left on the motor court at the hotel for 2 hours, it was attended to as we have a Valet Supervisor who is stationed just feet away from your car. It's also on camera.
Ice machines are on every floor but the ice buckets are kept in your room, in the armoire...not at the actual ice machine. I'm glad to hear you thought our beds were comfortable and hope you got to enjoy everything the city has to offer. I hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a good location to catch the streetcars, or to walk into the Quarter, yet without the hustle and bustle of being right in the Quarter. We stayed here for Jazz Fest and got a pretty good rate, as hotels usually skyrocket during these couple of weeks.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the bedding. We recognize that's a personal preference and we have other options for those who are uncomfortable. You rated the cleanliness and service scores very high and I'll pass that along to our staff...thank you. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location is great approx 5 min from French Q., cable car stop is nearby, the great cafe is close to hotel for excellent breakfast. Ideally for business travelers as well as for family. Bit noisy from the central street but it is ok if you are planning to wake up early to explore the town. Parking costly 40$ a day but you cannot find a free parking around anyway so we used hotel's parking (valet). Hotel is safe location, room is spacious, 2 bottles of water are complimentary, clean and staff is great.

Room Tip: Higher floor less noisy

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the your recent patronage and for the great review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans and hope we'll get to see you again soon!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great stay in New Orleans at the Whitney Hotel as it was a perfectly located hotel as it was a short walk to all the major sights, great restaurants and bars and also to Bourbon Street (do not stay on Bourbon Street) The rooms are a little outdated but it is very clean and perfect for your visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review of the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans. I'll share your kind comments with the staff. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance during your next trip to the Big Easy!

Casey A. Callais

Been to The Whitney Hotel? Share your experiences!