“Nice room in a convenient location ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Whitney Hotel

You added The Whitney Hotel to your Saves list
The Whitney Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly The Whitney Wyndham Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #83 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Nice room in a convenient location ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good room in a great location. We were within walking distance of the Superdome and Canal Street. The building was an old bank that still had the original teller windows. The room was comfortable and a good size - not huge but it was just two of us and we didn't need a huge room. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially when we had some issues with getting our car out of valet - they refunded our money for our troubles.

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son was celebrating his 16th birthday this past weekend and we spent the weekend in NOLA. I had stayed at the Whitney many times before and have always been well-pleased. And this visit was no different. From the professionalism of the parking attendant to the pleasant and professional approach of the front desk staff, to the hard-working housekeeping staff, the Whitney continues to impress me time and time again! I will never stay in any other hotel when visiting NOLA. And, as a sports talk radio host with affiliates across the South, I will be telling my large and loyal listening base about the Whitney and referring them to stay in the only choice in NOLA!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
WhitneyGM, General Manager at The Whitney Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
On behalf of the staff of the Whitney Hotel, thank you so much your recent stay and the wonderful review. We hope we'll get to host your next visit to New Orleans.

Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My neighbor and I decided to drive over to Nawlins just for a few days as a Christmas treat to ourselves. Every hotel she suggested was way over my budget...so I started looking too. Just could not justify approximately $200 each per night, including taxes and parking, for rooms we would only be sleeping and showering in. I saw where someone commented they had stayed here and the hotel had a room that had 2 separate sleeping areas! It sounded perfect for us. I called the hotel directly and spoke to Earle and the front desk, wow what an exceptionally helpful desk clerk he is. He told me all about the hotel, that it was in the historical Whitney Bank building which by the way is gorgeous, and yes they did have rooms with two sleeping areas. The rate I got was way Less than $150 per night for the room for both of us! Of course that was a military rate. I talked it over with me friend and called Earle back and booked, arriving 2 days later on. Tuesday. I spent time reading many of the reviews and one thing that really impressed me was that The general manager, Casey, took the time to respond to all the reviews, whether positive or negative. To me that showed he cared about his hotel and that his guests were happy with their experience at the Whitney. I called the hotel on Monday and spoke with Justin, another great front desk clerk. I explained that we would be arriving early pm on Tuesday and I wanted to make sure our room would be ready. Justin put my call through to the general manager, Casey, he assured me that he would make sure our room was spotless and comfortable. When we arrive Casey was there to personally greet us....CLASS ACT! He even gave us his card with his personnel cell number so if we needed him he would assist us. Checking in was so easy! The hotel is BEAUTIFUL. Our room was so clean and comfortable. Spotless! we could not have been happier with the Value of the hotel. Short walk to Royal Street, and riverfront. And a quick drive to my favorite part of the city Magazine St and the Garden District. There is a parking lot across the street....I have used it before when there on business. finally, now that I have found this gem of a hotel, I can afford to go over to New Orleans more often....thanks for an awesome stay.

Room Tip: Rm 701 if your needing separate sleeping areas
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans! It was truly a pleasure to have you and your friend stay with us and I'll pass along your kind words to the Earl and the staff. Please don't hesitate to contact me again when your planning your next trip to the Big Easy.

Deep South
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had an all-day meeting along the 600 block of Poydras and got a great rate at the Whitney (which was located just across the street from the meeting). Very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, wonderful staff and comfort. Room wasn't large (got a king) but had all of the necessary amenities. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review and your recent patronage at the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans. We're glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and look forward to hosting your next visit.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Front desk staff at check in and check out had great customer service. The room was clean , decor was nice. Bed was comfortable and I liked the alarm clock because I was able to connect it to my iPad to listen to music. Overall great stay!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
WhitneyGM, General Manager at The Whitney Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying at the Whitney Hotel and for the wonderful review! I'll share your comments with the Team during our next meeting. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.

Dunfermline, Scotland.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 2 nights here post cruise in November this year, the hotel and location were perfect for what we wanted to see and do. Staff at hotel were very helpful and imformative. Very comfortable stay here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you really enjoyed your visit and the Whitney Hotel! Thank you for the very kind comments, we'll pass them along to the staff so they know you appreciated their assistance. Please let us know if we can accommodate again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family stayed at The Whitney for a sporting event for my son. The city was packed and parking was a definite stressor. The hotel was beautiful and very comfortable. The customer service we received from the staff and especially Sal in the valet service were excellent. He made sure our car was ready and waiting for us when we got down stairs!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and for your recent patronage to the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans! I'll pass along your regards to Sal in valet and I hope we'll see you again soon.

Casey A. Callais

Been to The Whitney Hotel? Share your experiences!