“Quick Visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Whitney Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Whitney Hotel to your Saves list
The Whitney Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly The Whitney Wyndham Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Special Price
10% Off & Free WiFi
Ranked #94 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Baton Rouge
“Quick Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were taking advantage of the "Summer in the City" offer and found this to be a great choice. We were attending a concert performance at Harrah's Casino, so you could not beat this location, two blocks away. We wish all hotel staffs would be this pleasant. We had a great view, lovely suite, and visitor friendly price, which included free parking and breakfast. Besides these benefits, it was interesting to stay in a former bank. Would not hesitate to do it again.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the seasonal special offerings.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
WhitneyGM, General Manager at The Whitney Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Whitney Hotel and for the great feedback on TripAdvisor! We'll be sure to pass this along to the staff and look forward to hosting your next stay here in New Orleans.

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Whitney under a "summer in the city package" found on the New Orleans city website which made the hotel very affordable and and added free valet. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. Upon checking in you receive pamphlets that list drink and food specials at other hotel bars and restaurants, a brochure listing sights and activities throughout the city, and a little sheet of historical info for the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only hiccup was when our package included breakfast but the restaurant inside the hotel was closed until the weekend. The staff made it up to us by offering a bottle of wine or munchies basket. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans. Please accept my apologies for the restaurant closure, they are working on a new menu. We hope to see you again soon, please don't hesitate to contact us when returning to the Big Easy!

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Whitney last week and had a simply wonderful experience! I didn’t realize until we checked in that the hotel is located in an old bank, which gives it a beautiful, interesting, and unique lobby area. Earl and Brittany at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful! They cheerfully answered all of our questions, and had some fantastic suggestions for places to eat, drink, shop, and listen to music! Patrick, the manager, was amazing and as kind as could be, as well! The suite we stayed in was great – lovely view, extremely comfortable, fluffy bed with high quality sheets and pillows, and as odd a thing as this is to put in a review – the tub was roomy and had plenty of ledge space for my toiletries, so I didn’t have to keep reaching outside the shower to get things, and the towels were huge and soft. I fully expected to have a nice stay at the Whitney, but they completely exceeded our expectations with their service, quality of the room and details, and the charm of building! It’s a very short, safe walk to the French Quarter, but it sure was nice to get away from the craziness of it when the night was over. I very highly recommend staying at this gem!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments! I'm happy to hear we were able to accommodate your last minute visit to the city. I'll pass along your kind words to Earl, Britney and Patrick. If we can be of service again, please don't hesitate to contact us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I just celebrated our three year anniversary. So we decided to celebrate with a trip to New Orleans. We love the big easy city! It was a great memorable experience this year! We have been frequently visiting this area for years, but there have been times when they weren't good memories. We have stayed many weekends at hotels that were not so great and that can really be unpleasant for a weekend getaway with your spouse or significant other! The Whitney hotel and their staff Earl, Brittney, Justin And Patrick were outstanding! We will definitely be booking our future reservations at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to many folks that would like to have an enjoyable relaxing and pleasant trip to New Orleans!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your recent visit to the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans. We'll be sure to pass along your kind comments to Earl, Justin, Britney and Patrick. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Pedasi, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the first time I have stayed at the Whitney. I lived just a few blocks from here just a few years ago and always wondered what it looked like on the inside. I love NOLA charm and this hotel is full of that. The bank that use to occupy this space is not lost in the 'hotel' translation. The vault in the lobby now serves as a private dining/meeting space! The rooms are cozy, elegantly styled, making me feel as if I'm in my own room at home. The front desk is attentive as well as the bell staff. Although I didn't eat in the restaurant this trip, it looked charming as it must have looked decades before as the bank lobby. I think the only negative of this hotel is that if your room faces Poydras, as mine did, you do here some street noise. So if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room not facing the busy street.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Poydras are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent visit to the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans... I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel staff was welcomingand warm. The facility was charming and comfortable. From the old vault to the spacious and comfortable rooms the hotel was everything we could have hoped for. The location is great as well! We were close to our favorite restaurant in NOLA and were just a short walk to the FQ & Super Dome...All in al this hotel exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to New Orleans and the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans. Thank you for the great comments and let us know if you need help with any future dates.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we first arrived at this hotel, the rooms got mixed up where I booked a double room but received a queen sized room. The staff at the front desk explained to us that because it was booked through another website, it was their mistake. Luckily, they were able to give us a double room even though the hotel was completely booked with people coming in the next day. The staff was very polite and helpful through the entire mishap. Plus, they helped in giving us suggestions of what places to eat! The double room was amazing for the price we paid! it was very spacious with a door in between separating the beds so you can have your own privacy. There is also free bottled water and daily newspaper in the lobby and free tea and coffee provided in your room. The location was great as well where we were close to the French Quarter, but far enough to be away from all the noise and drunk people. My only complaint was the room attendants who threw out my plastic ziplock bag which I used to hold my liquid items. I would just make sure not to leave that out. Aside from that, I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent patronage at the Whitney Hotel in New Orleans. We certainly appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Casey.Callais@WhitneyHotel.com

Been to The Whitney Hotel? Share your experiences!