“Great hotel close to nightlife, but quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania
“Great hotel close to nightlife, but quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had a great stay here! I was here on a recent weekend, arriving on Saturday and departing on Monday. I booked it on Priceline and really have no complaints.

My flight arrived very early on Saturday morning, so I came here hoping to check in early. The attendant at the front desk said they had no rooms yet and there were a few others in line ahead of me, but she checked me in, took my cell phone number and offered to call as soon as a room became ready. Until then, she said I could leave my bags with the bellman downstairs if I wished to. Sure enough, within about 45 minutes she called to let me know my room was ready and that I could pick up my keys at the front desk.

This hotel is in a great location IMO, about 2 blocks from the end of Bourbon Street where all the nightlife happens, and a little more of a walk to the riverfront; It's close enough that you can quickly get to the craziness and fun, but far enough away that the rooms in this hotel are generally quiet at night. In fact, the entire time I was here I don't think I heard any noise at all, either from outside this hotel or from adjoining rooms. It is a bit disjointed to get up to the rooms, as one needs to take an elevator from the ground floor where the valet and taxis are located to the 2nd floor where you'll find the lobby, bar, a Starbucks (which tends to keep odd hours and isn't always open), business services, a small gym and the front desk, along with a snack/beverage/sundries kiosk. From there, you need to walk past the front desk and down a corridor to another set of elevators which take you up to the rooms.

The rooms here are quite nice, especially considering the price I paid. They're laid out a bit like suites, with a living space, couch, desk and TV as you enter, then an area with the bathroom to your right and a kitchenette and coffee maker to your left (they have a microwave in the common area along with the ice machine, but not in the rooms). Beyond that you'll find the bedroom with another flat screen TV. The doors to enter the bedroom and bathroom are sliding doors which run on a track, and were a bit unique. The closet was a bit small, I didn't see a safe in the room, nor is there a tub for those who may want one, only a shower. All the furnishings and paint looked fresh, updated and newer. The bedding was really comfortable, and as previously mentioned, the rooms are quiet, at least where we were on the back side of the hotel.

The gym is a little sparse, with just 3 aerobic machines (2 treadmills and an elliptical, I believe) some pilates balls and free weights. As mentioned, the Starbucks here seems to keep odd hours; As I was leaving on Monday AM at 11 o'clock, it was closed and dark, but they did have items in the display cases. WiFi in the room and at the business services area was free and fast, and one cool feature is that they have a complimentary computer and printer set up between the front desk and the elevators which is only for printing boarding passes before you head to the airport, which was an interesting offering that I made use of.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two days on our way home to Nevada from a winter stay in Florida. Right from the start, the service was impeccable. We had a Subaru Outback full of winter and summer stuff as we left Nevada in December and were heading home in March. We had a service dog and two bicycles and a bunch of stuff we didn't to drag up to our room but were worried about leaving it in the car. The bellman who greeted us said he would take the bicycles to a secure storage locker and the car would be in a secure garage that only they could enter so anything left in the car would be safe. We took them at their word and it turned out to be true.

They took our stuff up to our room while my wife walked her service dog. We were greeted warmly at check in and we had a very spacious, well appointed room. The hotel itself was lovely and was within walking distance to the French Quarter and the World War II museum, which is a Must See in NO.

We would definitely stay here again if in NO.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Beachwood, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If I had to book this trip all over again, I would probably have chosen one of the cute boutique hotels in the French Quarter. They are all around the same price as Marriott and they have a lot more character.

Our hotel room was nice, and the gym as all new equipment. Breakfast is not included, which is fine since you're in New Orleans and the food is so good everywhere. It's nice to have breakfast included at a hotel though.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our room was spacious and clean. We had everything we needed in a quiet and peaceful setting. Our maid did a wonderful job. The location is perfect, a block from the streetcars, one and half block off of Bourbon St and just across the St from our favorite seafood restaurant Deanies. The only improvement we would like , for the cost, is complimentary breakfast.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Third time staying here. It's in the Quarter and easy walk to many, many restaurants and clubs. The staff is always friendly and willing to help with directions, etc.

Housekeeping still has problems with completing the task, if at all. Room was not serviced on one occasion. On other occasions towels had to be requested.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and outside exposure.
Green Features: The hotel management is on top of it as all Marriott properties are.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We scouted this hotel out prior to our last trip to New Orleans. The manager showed up the double king and double queen rooms. The double king was larger with a desk area in one king room, bath and wet bar between the two, and a corner sofa in the second king. The queen we viewed was a standard queen with a desk all in one room.
Arrival and check in was easy. Having been part of the Ritz at one time there is one elevator from the ground floor to reception and another to the rooms; no big deal. We were surprised when we opened out room door to find the double queen set up similar to the double king. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The walk in shower was huge. There was one thing missing - a safe. We had a short walk out the back doors to eat an early dinner at Deanies and short walk out the front of the Ritz to the Saenger. The drawback to the room was that the front bedroom was hotter than the back bedroom, where the thermostat control is located. We will ask for the one room setup next time.
We opted to forgo breakfast at the Starbucks/bar in the lobby and head over to Ihop for better coffee (by New Orleans standards) and a senior discounted breakfast.
Everyone we encountered at the hotel was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel was a couple of blocks from Bourbon Street so you could be close to the activities but not be exposed to the 24 hour partying. Hotel itself had the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in a hotel.
Bonus points. Front desk was very helpful with our questions. Very nice facility.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!