“Pre-cruise Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
“Pre-cruise Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first visit to NOLA. We stayed Feb. 26-28 prior to departing on Serenade of the Seas. We had a room with two beds (no suite) for me, hubby and son (age 8). Our room was perfect! Very clean and quiet! The was a mini-fridge to hold drinks. The hotel itself was right on the edge of the French Quarter, close to the cable car and walking distance to multiple breakfast places (we went to Ruby Slipper and Café Beignet) as well. Having two separate elevators was no big deal and reminded me of the Marriott in NYC. What made this hotel wonderful was the staff! Everyone went above and beyond to answers questions and were all so nice, especially to my son. The morning of the cruise the valet called for a taxi which was waiting by the time we came downstairs. We felt totally safe walking back to the hotel after dinner on Bourbon Street. There were many food options within walking distance, even a liquor store. There was a bar inside the hotel with the nicest bartender that made non-alcoholic fancy drinks for my son! We would return in the future.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was awesome! Clean beautiful rooms! Convince for walking was a 4star as well. Close to everything... The staff was great and the Starbucks was right on time! We received valuable information about restaurant and choose some that were advised and yes we won! My husband and I we be staying here again

Stayed December 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

friendly staff, large, clean rooms but annoying aspects. Our room view was horrible, roof tops and parking lots. Bedroom has a maintenance hump that is elevated about 3 inches, easy to trip or stumble over in the night.

No food services on the premises although there is a bar for drinks. The most aggravating aspect is two elevators that must be negotiated to leave the building.

On the positive side the location is quiet. Some of my colleagues were located in Bourbon Street hotels rooms on the street side. They were unable to sleep due to the street noises still occurring until 5 AM. We did not have that problem.

And again, the staff is friendly, helpful and warm.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Nineunder,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on trip advisor of the aspects of your stay with us! I apologize that we were not able to provide you with a room that has a better view. While our location is in a great spot being close walking distance to all parts of the French Quarter and close to public transportation to take you to other parts of the city, we are surrounded on all sides by buildings which make for not a very pretty sight, so I can understand your opinion on that.

Our Courtyard does have the Vieux Carre Cafe which is open for breakfast service that offers breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, and bacon all made on site. In the evening the Cafe is open for light fare eats such as flat breads, burgers, and soup, with a full bar. We are also located in the same building as the Ritz Carlton which has a full bar and restaurant, M Bistro, on premises which our guests are able to take advantage of by going to the third floor or by ordering room service.

I can understand that it is frustrating to have to take two sets of elevators each time you enter and exit the hotel; this is something that has existed since building was built. As far as the hump in the room this is something I will bring to the attention of my engineering team to have them check the rooms for this issue as they go through to ensure this is not an ongoing hazard.

Again, I truly appreciate your feedback as this is something we can use to help improve our amenities and service to ensure we are providing our guests with a positively memorable stay each and every time.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest the next time you are in New Orleans!

Best Regards,

Celeste B.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Visiting NOLA for the first time and determined we wanted to be near or in the French Quarter, and this hotel seemed to fit the bill. Even got a rate that included breakfast...or so I thought. Very nice team greeted us at valet parking, and Bell services. I do have to give a shout out to Donavan. He was a stand out helping us with whatever we needed. By luck of the draw we got a room that is the farthest from the elevator. Great for quietness, but bad if you have trouble walking. The room was nice, but very little place to put luggage for 3. Another unfortunate thing...the top drawer of the nightstand opened on it's own. We used a band-aid to try and keep it shut. On arrival the alarm clock was set to a time zone somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. We couldn't figure how to reset it so we finally unplugged it. Now to the complete disaster. Breakfast. Mind you this hotel is @$230 to $260 a night. When you go down to the large lobby having a rate that includes breakfast, you go with high hopes...only to find the standard BISTRO NONSENSE that now pervades the Courtyard Brand. The menu offered only consisted of items centered on Oatmeal or PRE-MADE MICROWAVED breakfast Sandwiches. For starters my daughter does not eat Oatmeal or Eggs, which all the pre-made slop included. I just about lost control and said "My daughter eats none of this, what am I supposed to do?" This finally prompted the server to grudgingly say they would remove the egg from a sandwich for her. When served they were still gross offerings in a city known for great food. For the second day we wasted our free breakfast...and definitely traded up to...McDonald's! If it wasn't for Donavan I think this would have been a poor or terrible review. Marriott really needs to re evaluate their plan for Courtyard brand Hotels, because they just don't measure up in the Breakfast they offer and I find myself at more Hilton and IHG brand Hotels because of this.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear AndyMc65,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for leaving such kind words about our valet Donovan; it is wonderful to hear that he provided you with such memorable service during your stay. He will be delighted to hear this feedback!

Secondly, I would like to extend my apologies for the quality of food and service you received at the breakfast in our Café. All of our breakfast items are prepped by hand on site prior to the breakfast service opening. For faster service, each sandwich is cooked in our Turbo Chef Oven upon order. With this being said we are able to make sandwiches or breakfast items to fit any guests need if they cannot eat a certain type of food or would like a sandwich altered, I apologize that this was not done for you in a proper manner.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback of your stay with us, as we are constantly working to change to fit our guest’s needs and requests.
We thank you for staying with us and hope that you will continue to choose Marriott in the future.

Kindly,

Celeste B.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this hotel when it was Iberville Suites, now it has been renovated and is the Marfiott Courtyard Iberville. Lovely renovations, bright, clean more up to date. Stayed in a King suite which we shared with our son. Perfect. We enjoyed our privacy in our room and he had the pullout in the other room. Rooms were divided by the kitchenette and bathroom. Great location. Front desk staff were wonderful and informative. Housekeeping were very accommodating and pleasant. The new Starbucks is convenient with wonderful staff. Nothing like Starbucks coffee in the morning. A genuinely nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location in the French Quarter, walking distance to everywhere you want to go. Also very good value for a two room suite. There is a bedroom with a separate entry room with a large flat screen TV, refrigerator and sink. Clean and nice, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Here, they are all good.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent 5 days (23-27 March) at the Courtyard by Marriott on Iberville. This was a great location as it was in the French Quarter but not on a busy noisy street. We flew in and out of MSY and took the cab both ways. I did not see a reason to rent a car and pay $28+ per night to park. Everything was within walking distance or we took the cable car. Great rate through PL so that made it even better. Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. We had a king bed with a sofa pullout for the kids in the other room. I do not think an adult would want to sleep on the pullout bed for more than one night. Heavy sliding doors between the master and other room as well as for the bathroom. Kind of noisy at night. Free WiFi. Starbucks coffee with some limited snack choices. No bar or restaurant food. Refrigerator in room, microwave by the ice machine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. We did and was told it might take longer. Room was ready by 1430 so no...
Green Features: I have no additional information about this topic.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Ray T,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your stay with us on your spring break trip to New Orleans. I am happy to hear the accommodations of the king suite was comfortable for you and your family. It's wonderful you were able to take advantage of our location and how close we are in walking distance so the great sights the city has to offer.

We look forward to having you as our guest on your next trip to New Orleans!

Best Regards,

Celeste B
Operations Manager

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!