“Very Nice Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tres Pinos, California
“Very Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Really enjoyed this hotel. Clean, large rooms. Our room was quiet, no noticeable street noise. The staff was helpful and knew the city. It's close enough to the action, but far enough away to be quiet. At least over the St Paddy's weekend we stayed. We needed an early cab to go to the airport, the bellman was on it. They even have a dedicated computer to print out airline boarding passes. A Starbucks inside was also a plus.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Perfection location. On the edge of the French Quarter so an easy walk throughout the Quarter for shopping, dining. and entertainment. We were there for a Broadway show and were one block from the Saenger Theater. The double king rooms are unique and can be as private as you would like. The breakfasts are included and since it is attached to the Ritz Carlton, it is perfect for use of that lounge for drinks, hors dourves and entertainment . We really enjoy staying there whenever we are in NOLA and are always made to feel so welcome.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Streator, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Drove 14 hours with family of 3 to get to the Quarter arrival about 7pm. The hotel occupies a block with the Ritz Carlton. GPS got us right to the valet entrance. Upon arrival, we used valet for the car. I have no idea what you would do if you did not valet. It was 34.95 a night in March 2015 to valet / park. They gave me a ticket that I could use to get the vehicle 24/7 in and out. Valet explained everything gave us directions for getting into hotel.....this is not an easy task....and explained what to do if we needed car. He even helped find a tablet that my sister could not live without. From here you go through double doors that open automatically when you walk up to them, it opens to a room with 2 elevators. Then take them to the 2nd floor, your only option, which opens to another room and hallway to get to the main hotel lobby. Try doing this with a luggage cart. The lobby looks like any other Courtyard, with a bistro that serves Starbucks, a 24 hr pantry, seating area, and podiums for the staff. Check in was a breeze as I used points to stay for Friday and Saturday. Around the podiums to another elevator bank, past the small fitness center and business center. We were on the top floor, 10th. Pay attention to your signs to find your room, it is in a square with a whole bunch of hallways that zigzag all over. The room was amazing, king suite with 2 rooms and a sofa bed. Very comfortable. Our window looked directly out into the middle of the hotel and we could see into everyone else’s room. The only thing the windows were good for was light coming into your room during the day. Unfortunately, the first night we were stuck between a bachelorette party that apparently wanted to stay in their room and drink and play party games and a block of rooms that were all one family and continued to go for one room to another, knocking on doors, laughing, slamming doors, etc… all night long on either side of us. No one slept until about 3am when the party died down. If you have children, consider this carefully on the weekends as I assume all the hotels in the Quarter will be similar. Moving on…..breakfast is not included, period. The little bistro has breakfast in the morning if you would like to buy it (I have no idea why you would hole up in your hotel to eat when NOLA is a known for food). I stopped to get a coffee but a family had walked up just in front of me and was ordering big breakfasts. I wasn’t acknowledged by either of the staff after a few minutes of standing there so I left, only to hear a comment coming from the staff about not wanting to wait and a barrel of laughs. After walking all day and hoping that my family would be able to relax for awhile before dinner, we headed back to hotel. We chose to cut our vacation in the quarter one day short and I asked to be edit our reservation. That was done swiftly and efficiently. When inquiring about the pool, we were told that there was a $10 service charge per person to use the Ritz Carlton’s pool. We opted out of that. In my search for a better way to get to the Quarter without having to go through the valet entrance, I found another bank of elevators off the lobby that take you into the Ritz’s entrance. We took a self guided tour around the Ritz and did not encounter one staff member. In speaking with the front desk about busy times, here is what she said: Mardi Gras starts the season so between Feb and August it is absolutely packed every weekend. All the holidays during that time are the same, even if they are on weekdays. Sept and Oct are a little slower and it goes nonstop from Thanksgiving through New Year’s again. I thought the hotel layout was difficult to navigate until you get the hang of it. The parking charge was insane but the going rate for NOLA. The rooms were beautiful. If I was ever going to stay in the Quarter again, I would consider this hotel.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a great stay! Hotel staff was pleasant. Room was comfortable and clean. So close to bourbon street and great food. Also close to Walgreens and other convent stores. My friend had her side of the room with tv and I had mine. It was perfect for friends travel. We both had to work and there was plenty of room for us to take our conference calls and conduct the business we needed before heading out for dinner and drinks.

I would stay here again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time here. Got in after 1 AM. Very friendly bellman. The night manager could not have been nicer. Very clean rooms. Quiet. I am glad I chose this location. Would stay here again for any reason. Ask for a higher room if you like views.

Room Tip: I was on the 5 th floor. No issues.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Pontotoc, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our stay here was wonderful. The room was very spacious and loves the big picture window. The view was terrible. The bathroom has a huge shower and is very modern. We stayed in a king suite and loved that there was a door separating us from the kids.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Austin W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good Afternoon mike,

Thank you so much for your positive Trip Advisor review. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel.

Best Regards,

Austin
Deerfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were very disappointed in the Courtyard NOLA Downtown/Iberville and I am having a hard time reconciling the reviews of others with our experience. In no specific order. The rooms--ours was very small and, perhaps we reserved the wrong size suite but, seriously--a double bed for two people? The bathroom was small and the lighting not acceptable for those of us with aging eyes. No breakfast except for Starbucks? No view except for the adjacent rooftop parking lot? Not on Bourbon Street but the same level of noise? No valet parking--we had to negotiate to include our daughters' 1-2 hour parking stay every time she came over to spend time with us. The folks at the front desk were kind and accommodating. In this instance, however, overall, we did not get what we paid for. We adore NOLA and will be back many times. We were pleased with the Hotel Mazarin (except for it being on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras--oops.... no access after 5:00 pm) and the Windsor Court. We will not be returning to the Courtyard NOLA Downtown/Iberville.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the suites with double beds unless you don't need much room
Green Features: They seemed to be cognizant of environmentally-friendly practices
Good Afternoon Wendy R,

First and foremost, thank you for your candid feedback regarding your experience at our hotel during your recent visit to New Orleans. I was disappoint to learn of the poor experience you had with your room, as well as with our valet parking team. I am so sorry that you were not offered options when our parking was at or near capasity for your daughter and will ensure that our valet team is prepared with options moving forward. Likewise, I apoligize that you and your family were unable to fully utilize our cafe as it does service breakfast between the hours of 6:30a-10:30a on weekdays and 7:00a to 11:00a on weekends, as well as, starbucks coffee all day long. In addition, that you were not informed of the hotel's access to the M-Bistro at the Ritz Carlton, a full service, breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurant or our hotel's 24 hour room service.

If you would like to provide any additional feeback or have any questions please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel directly.

Warmest Regards,

Austin

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!