“Nice outside shell but the inside, not quite so good on the inside” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #18 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Nice outside shell but the inside, not quite so good on the inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stay almost exclusively at Marriott hotels so I am very familiar with the brand. This hotel had a beautiful lobby and, on its face, a very nice room. Additionally, the location is fantastic as it is close to everything but still on a remarkably quiet street.The room is large with a big picture window. Having two king beds is a major bonus. HOWEVER, there were a lot of little problems that lead me t give this hotel only a moderate rating. For example, on 2 separate occasions, when I went to purchase coffee at the Starbucks in the lobby, the milk being served was spoiled. This needs to be cleaned out more frequently. Secondly, we had to call for service in our room on four separate occasions - that is a record for us! First, the blinds were not working properly so we had light streaming in the room in the morning - NOT fun after a long night out listening to great music. Next, the bathroom door is 'industrial' in style and on a track - THAT DID NOT STAY CLOSED! Super annoying with a family of four looking for privacy. They finally brought us a wood wedge to keep the door shut . Additionally, the light over the closet kept shorting out so we could not see inside and lastly, the hair dryer literally started smoking when I plugged it in. Don't get me wrong - the staff was super helpful and came quickly when called but still. Not a great overall experience. Come on guys, you can do better!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location for walking to Bourbon St. Had an issue with 1 room with a horrible smell, but was quickly upgraded to another room. Good hotel, at a good price. We were able to walk to bourbon street in a matter of minutes.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Wonderful hotel, great location, the rooms were nice just noisy, and the service was wonderful the convenient Starbucks in the lobby. The people at the front desk were so helpful in getting me checked in,telling me about the great tours that was available and the wonderful amenities that the hotels offers Ms.shalieta was my agent she was so sweet. the valet guys were very professional,friendly,and patient with me and my family as we unloaded our vehicle. The valets both Donovan and Glen both helped me guide my car in load my luggage on to a cart and in fact my luggage was at my room before I could get there which was AWSOME and they even gave us some great places to eat around the city. My stay at the courtyard Marriott was the best and me and my family will be back to enjoy many more vacations.

• Stayed December 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great value hotel. We booked well in advance so were able to secure two rooms for not much more than the price of one room. Very well located only a block or two from Canal St. We were close enough to Bourbon St but not too close to the non stop partying. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous and huge lobby area with bar was a great place to unwind, have a few drinks and watch a game. The rooms were quite well maintained and homely although not overly spacious. This was not really a concern to us as we weren't planning on spending much time in our rooms. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful Friday-Sunday stay at the Courtyard. Valet parking was right across the street. So, car retrieval was fast. Good service at the bell station and at the check-in desk. Had a nice, clean King Suite on the 7th floor. Fairly new property and our room was in really good shape, and it was quiet. Had a good breakfast downstairs on Saturday morning. One block off Canal Street on the corner of Iberville and Dauphine. A lot of good restaurants and attractions close by. Driving there on Iberville is a little slow, but that's typical of the French Quarter.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Avon, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

While we have visited New Orleans many times, this is our first time at this hotel. The location is very convenient to the Vieux Carre, Canal Street, IMAX, the Aquarium and the casinos. The staff was very friendly and good with advice and directions.

This is not a full service hotel but it is a great value with very up to date decor and a perfectly adequate gym. You also have access to the gym at the Ritz next door for a small fee. We feel its a great find for the money.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great place to stay if you want to be in the quarter but don't want to be up all night with the party on Bourbon St. The location is perfect, 1 block form the action and within a few blocks of great restaurants, etc. Rooms were upgraded, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!