“French Quarter's Secret Haven!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #18 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Foster City, California
“French Quarter's Secret Haven!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

It's close to Bourbon Street yet it's quiet and accessible. It's close to good restaurants like Deanie's Seafood and Red Fish Grill and walking distance to Royal St which is known for its antiques. Iberville runs in parallel to Canal St which leads access to all business establishments. We got a junior suite which has a queen bed and a living room with an HD TV - just the right size for a couple. I like the sliding doors it has for the bedroom and the bathroom - very innovative! The front desk people are quite helpful and nice - with recommendation to good restaurants and things to do around town! The only issue I had was with the use of the TV. You have to work the remote somehow to find something to watch on TV else everything else are pay-per-view movies. They should place the TV option at the front rather than the second to the last option - giving the impression that there are no TV channels but just movies. But all in all, this is a good and inexpensive place to stay. I will definitely come back and stay here again. Hopefully the TV issue will be fixed by then.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We blocked off rooms for our wedding and had 2 suites for ourselves and our kids. The rooms were immaculate. Love the suites with a private bedroom. The staff went above and beyond for us. Especially Michelle at the front desk. She was an angel who became a friend of everyone's. She handled taxis, guests whose flights were delayed, etc. And the location was absolutely perfect - not directly ON Bourbon St. but just a block away. Perfect walking distance to both the Warehouse district a few blocks away and the French Quarter which we were in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Tjro23,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us, I am happy to hear that you and your family were well taken care of. I know that with planning a wedding and finding comfortable exceptional accommodations for family at the same time can be stressful; so I am delighted to hear that Michelle was there to make your trip that much easier.

I hope that you and your family will come to stay with us in the future!

Celeste B
Operations Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed at this rare four star Courtyard Marriott in late March, and it did not disappoint.

The hotel is in a great location. It sits only a block off of Bourbon Street, so you are close to the action but you avoid hearing it all.

Upon entering the lobby, which is on the second floor, it is clear that you are in a Courtyard Marriott, but still has its own uniqueness to it. This is possibly due to the prior hotel, Iberville Suites, that added the unique details prior to Marriott taking the operation over.

I stayed in a King Suite on the tenth floor which ended up having pretty nice views. I was originally assigned to a room that looked onto the hollow center of the building that did have natural light coming in from the top, but the rooms looked right onto each other. I was able to change the room location without a problem, and I suggest if you rather have some sort of view that you do the same. As for the room itself, its overall pretty nice. The first room is a sitting area with a nice sized couch, chair with a desk, and TV as well. The room is a tad tight if you pull out the sofa bed, but is still functional. Beyond the sitting room is a small hallway that has a wet bar and a closet. Off of the hall is the extremely nice bathroom. Though a tad tight, it possessed great finishes that you would expect in a four star hotel. My favorite part was the stand alone shower which I wish was more common in hotels. This of course means there is no bathtub which is probably a nonissue for most. Also off the hallway is the bedroom which houses the room's only window. The bedroom is the most spacious room with a nice king bed and a TV. There is also plenty of space to put your suitcases which I found much nicer than having to leave them on the floor or on a coffee table. Also impressive was the cleanliness of the room. It was immaculate. The room was truly impressive.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay somewhere nice but does not want to pay for the Hyatt or Ritz adjacent to this Marriott.

Stayed March 2014
Dear AlexM111,

Thank you very much for your great feedback and review of your stay with us! I am delighted that you took the time to write such a detailed description of your suite as well as the interior of the hotel. It is very nice to hear that you noticed we have our "own uniqueness” that sets us apart from other hotels.

I am so happy to hear that you will recommend our hotel to your friends and family. I also hope that you will return to stay with us in the future.

Kind regards,

Celeste B
Operations Manager
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Being only 1 block from Bourbon makes this a perfect location to stay for a weekend in New Orleans. The Double King room is what caught our eye when searching for a hotel and it did not disappoint. It was almost like two separate rooms, with a sliding door for privacy between the beds. We will definitely be staying here the next time we go to New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you're going with another couple, pick the Double King room and save some $$!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We planned a last minute road trip to New Orleans over Labor Day this year and booked a room at this Courtyard. I've stayed at a few Courtyard's and have always been pleased with the value. We booked on priceline and felt like we got a really great deal.

This hotel is in a fantastic location. Located right next to the Ritz Carlton and one block from both Canal and Bourbon street. One block to Acme Oyster House...one more block to Royal. You can walk anywhere in French Quarter within 20 minutes...and it's an easy walk down to Harrah's on Canal too.

Rooms were clean, spacious and nice. We had a room at the end of hallway and seemed it was a little larger than other rooms. The room had a living area with a TV and bar area and a separate bedroom.

Staff was polite and helpful…and super friendly. No complaints there.

The only minor complaint would be the noise from the neighboring room. At 2:00 am one night and 5:30 am the other...we were woken up by a lot of loud talking and laughing. Felt like they were in our room. But that can happen in any hotel...so we didn't let it bother us.

One issue anyone with a car should be aware of...parking....it's expensive. It's $34 a night plus tax. We decided to park at the valet ramp across the street. It was still $30 (that includes tax) a day but it saved a few bucks and was just as convenient as parking with the hotel valet.

Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

This hotel is nestled between the French Quarter and Canal St. and is only a block from Bourbon. So nice to walk out the front door and go a block and be on Bourbon! The lobby is very nice and the rooms are even nicer. Very spacious king suite had separate seating area with plenty of seating. The bathroom was modern and the roller doors in the room were very cool.

Housekeeping staff was nice whenever we interacted with them and they kept the room and property very clean. The bed was super comfortable and the A/C worked like a champ.

As a Silver Elite member, I usually don’t EVER have a problem when requesting a late checkout. I called the front desk the evening before and identified myself as a Rewards member and politely requested a late checkout. Was told they were “too booked” with check in’s the next day. I explained I only needed one extra hour but was denied! Really? Even during busy times, a request for 1 extra hour should be able to be accommodated. When I received a survey via email regarding my stay, I detailed this issue but was never contacted by corporate nor the property manager – pretty bad. I’ll never go back to this property for that reason.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
Dear EyeCanSeeForMiles,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. We certainly do appreciate you positive feedback. As a Silver Elite Member you are entitled to a priority late checkout, and I apologize you did not receive the request. I will be sure to share this as a learning experience with the team. Should you find yourself in New Orleans in the near future, please do not hesitate to reach out to the hotel directly.
Regards,
Jeff A
Assistant General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Having a great time at this Courtyard by Marriott. It shares some facilities with Ritz-Carlton and the design of the hotel is very much one of the best Courtyard properties I have visited. Perfect location and very friendly and accommodating service staff. I hope to have the pleasure to return. Arianna and Desi along with all whom I have not mentioned, thank you!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Carlos S,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our unique relationship with the Ritz-Carlton. I will be sure to recognize the team, specifically Desi and Arianna for a job well done. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Regards,
Jeff A
Assistant General Manager

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!