“You'll Enjoy Your Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

Save Saved
You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“You'll Enjoy Your Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband is a Marriott brand loyalist so we always stay in a Marriott hotel whether it's a Springhill Suites or a JW. I just want a clean, comfortable stay, so when we pulled up to the Courtyard I was a little nervous. My recent experience with Courtyards and Residence Inns is that they're dated and used. To my pleasant surprise the Courtyard was fantastic. The location is great, just a couple blocks from all the action on Bourbon and a 10 min walk to Jackson Square which means quiet, but not inconvenient. We arrived on a Wednesday night. Parking and registration were a breeze. Our bags were brought up to our room (Ritz Carlton style, not that typical inept Courtyard way). The room was spacious and so cute. It looked more like a room in a boutique hotel than a Courtyard chain. The decor is light and contemporary. The room was so clean. I always travel with my Clorox Wipes and I couldn't find dirt on the remotes, light switch covers, anywhere! +++++ It's also connected to the Ritz Carlton on Canal. My husband and I used the walkway connecting the two to go to the spa in the Ritz (which has steam rooms, saunas and a jacuzzi pool). Shelita checked us in and even remembered our name when I went down to buy things from the hotel pantry!++++This hotel is a great value! Think of it as a Courtyard with some Ritz Carlton touches. My only criticism about the hotel is that the bed was too firm for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear mskeya3,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor Community. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our services and our hotel passed your “white glove inspection”. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard we strive to provide clean and up to date rooms for our guests. Thank you for the shout out on Shelita, she really does provide exceptional service to our guests. We hope to greet you in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard!
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Holbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

It is a great place to stay right in the French Quarter. Just one block away from Bourbon Street. The staff was professional, knowledgable, friendly, couldn't do enough for you. Room was huge with great bathroom. Clean and up-to-date. Two king-sized beds and two large-screen TVs. TV had special channel just for New Orleans which helped us out when we first arrived. Definitely stay at this place if you plan to come to New Orleans.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mantle22,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor Community. I am happy to hear you reported our great location, spacious rooms, and friendly staff. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard we strive to exceed our guests expectations, and we are thrilled about you’re A+ report on the hotel. We hope to greet you in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Looking for a great place to stay at in New Orleans? No need to look any further! I was here for a two night stay a couple of days ago and could not have loved it more! Conveniently located around the corner from Bourbon Street, the hotel offers first class service and comfort for a very reasonable price. The rooms are newly renovated and have a very warm and classic feel, the beds are extremely comfortable and the staff is super friendly. Book your stay with the Courtyard Iberville and I promise that you will not be disappointed! I will definitely be back :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I truely appreciate your feedback and comments about the hotel and staff. It is our mission for each guest to have a great experience with us and we hope to host you the next time you are in New Orleans
Raymond, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The room was not large, but more than adequate for the two of us. The view out the window was of other windows -- but we were there to see the a French Quarter and not sit in our room! Staff were very friendly and helpful at suggestions re tours and what to see and where to eat. We would definitely stay here again if traveling to New Orleans. We took a taxi from and later back to the airport -- appreciated that there was a flat fee for this ($33, I think). The hotel is on the edge of the French Quarter, but the area was easily covered by foot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joyce G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor Community. Thank you for the compliment on our facilities and staff, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We hope to greet you in the near future at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard!
Clinton, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Once again the courtyard met all of my expectations. I could have stayed at another marriott property but I could not. This property is one of my favorite. The ladies at the front desk excell in making you feel so welcome once again great job ladies. I will always stay here no matter what I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2014
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear mageesclinton,

I am so happy to hear that we are one of your favorite Courtyards, it's truly an honor! We are here to make sure you have a safe comfortable stay while you are with us and I am pleased to hear our front desk team did just that. We love having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Celeste B.
Operations Manager
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our recent 4-night stay at this Courtyard. Everything was newly remodeled in a perky, modern style. Our suite was large, with fun barn-style sliding doors for the bedroom and bath. We had a quiet, inward facing suite. With the bedroom doors closed, room darkening shades down, and the "Do Not Disturb" sign in place, this was the perfect place to recuperate from a late night in the Quarter.

The streetcars are steps from the hotel. You can reach all of the Quarter in easy walks. Cabs are quickly hailed for trips further afield. There is also the bonus of sharing entrances with the Ritz Carlton. You don't need to leave the building to get to their spa, courtyard, bar and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jdub89,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you and your husband were able to relax in tranquility and peace while staying with us. We truly hope that you will come back to see us soon!

Kind Regards,

Celeste B.
Operations Manager
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We are Marriott fans and this place did not disappoint. The location is superb, right on the edge of the Quarter, two blocks from the head of Bourbon Street/Canal. It's across the street from Deanie's Seafood, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Don't know what this hotel was before Marriott recently bought in, but they've done a good job of Marriottizing it.The room was a decent size, clean and well appointed. However, the AC was very loud when it came on; don't think there's much they can do about that issue. We used the valet to park our van, and while sort of expensive at $34/day plus valet tips, they were very courteous and hustled; very short waiting times.

Room Tip: If you like looking out a window, ask at check in what you'll see if you look out. Our room, whi...