“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

Save Saved
You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cheaspeake
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The moment we pulled into the courtyard we were greeted by Donovan. He quickly assesed our needs and took care of them in a professional and friendly manner, Be sure to ask for him if you are new to the area.

The room was nice and passed my strict inspection with flying colors. (No strans of hair on the sheets ect.) The staff was friendly and handled a fully booked house with ease. Only problem was one of the elevators kept breaking down which was out of the staffs control.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I want to first thank you for staying with us and secondly apologize for the issue with the elevator. We did have a technician with our elevator company at the hotel over the weekend to ensure the issue was fixed. I know the elevator issue did cause some inconvienence at times however we worked hard to correct the issue as soon as posible. We hope to host you the next time you are in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I and four other friends stayed here for a four-day weekend. It was the perfect place to stay just a block or two off of Bourbon street. It was easy to get to from all of the activities but away from all the noise. We stayed in a king suite which had a very comfortable king size bed in a separate bedroom, a bath in between it, and a large living area with its own TV and desk.
We will definitely consider staying here again should we return to New Orleans.

Stayed July 2014
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear H Dean H,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear you, your wife and friends all enjoyed you stay in our spacious king suite rooms. We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.
Regards,
Jeff A
Assistant General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We will definitely consider staying here again should we return to New Orleans.

Stayed June 2014
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear H. Dean H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor from your stay with us at Courtyard Downtown/Iberville! I am happy to hear that you found the king suite comfortable and accommodating to your needs. I’m glad our location was perfect for your trip to New Orleans; we look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to the area!

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

What a terrific place downtown New Orleans can be we are so close to a lot of restaurants, shops, bars, and clubs. All because of the hotel we stayed at - Courtyard/Iberville. It was so convenient for us to just go and have a great time! The hotel was clean and posh; and chandeliers were such a perfect touch to the ambiance. Housekeeping was great and the room was clean, spacious and cute. But the Front Desk was the best, all were so helpful, but especially Shelita Foe. She was so pleasant to talk to and I loved how she would always greet us when we left and when we came back. She made us feel important I'm glad we made the choice to stay at the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alexandra G,

I am happy to hear you had a great time during your first stay with us in NOLA! It’s wonderful that we at Courtyard Downtown/Iberville were able to provide you with a posh ambiance and experience.

Thank you for your feedback on the front desk staff service! It will be my pleasure to pass this on to them, and Shelita, she will be delighted to hear she was able to make you feel important and welcome. As a valued guest your feedback is extremely significant in the service we provide each and every day.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Courtyard offers spacious rooms in a prime location within the French Quarter. Located on Iberville Street one block from Bourbon St and Canal Street allows you to be central but also on a quite area of the FQ.

Check in: Immediately greeted by the valet attendent Marcos who showed me the way to the second floor lobby. The second floor lobby is very spacious offering many spaces to lounge. Small cafe and gym also located on this floor. Despite arriving at 11am I was able to check in early.
Room
I stayed on the 9th floor on the Burgendy Street side of the hotel. Mostly a view of the former Storyville area and Louis Cemetery #1. Room was spacious and suite like with a living room with TV upon entry, followed by bathroom and wetbar area with mini-fridge and lastly the king bedroom with TV. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. I especially enjoyed the bathroom which despite being a tad on the small side was very functional. A microwave is offered by the ice machine for guest use. Housekeeping service also great.

Overall:
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here if I return to NOLA in the future. You get a good bang for the buck when you consider the space and location you are getting. Valet is pricy at almost $40 but thats expected in the FQ. The staff was very friendly and aware which made me feel safe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear bkabe,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of several amenities of the hotel during your time here. I will be sure to pass on your feedback of the excellent service you received from valet, housekeeping, and front desk to my team!

Thank you for your feedback on our king suite! It is designed for your comfort during your stay whether it be for business or leisure. We are always working to ensure we provide our guests with safe, comfortable atmosphere and experience so I am pleased to hear we succeeded during your stay.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in NOLA!

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here during Easter and it was a great selection. I also ran the Crescent City Classic and the hotel is centrally located for this event. The property is next door to the Ritz, and a block from Bourbon Street and its bars and restaurants. However, the property is far enough so that you get peace and quiet. The canal street trolleys are nearby so take a ride and tour the city.

Back to the property, we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a sofa sleeper. The room was nice, but the view was not. I don't care for the sliding doors in the room, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The lobby is comfy and has lots of tv's and computers. The bartender is also nice and I had a drink a couple of nights.

I would stay here again and hope to next Easter.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear DSTDiva,

Thank you for your feedback on your Easter stay with us! Your detailed description of our hotel location in the French Quarter is a nice touch many readers and travelers will benefit from. We appreciate your thoughts on the king suite and the service you received in our cafe.

We hope to welcome you back soon as one of our valued guests.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at several hotels in the New Orleans area and thought I'd give the Courtyard New Orleans/Iberville a try when my family and I came to stay for a few nights. The main draw for us was the 2 king bed suites.

We checked into a 10th floor room. There was NO view at all; just a window looking out at another window facing us across a very small interior courtyard. Very claustrophoic. The person at the desk told me none of the rooms had a view, that they all look across at buildings. Okay, I guess we can deal with that.

Once we were in our room, I noticed a very loud humming sound that was coming from the bathroom. It was so loud that not even closing the door to the bathroom masked it very much. They sent someone up to check it out and he said it was just the sound of the air conditioning unit on the roof. Okay, can't deal with that all night.

We asked for a new room and were put on the 8th floor. Same room, same kind of view, less noise coming from the bathroom fan, but still there. However, THIS room had several areas of carpet that were wet! I'm guessing they were spot cleaning certain areas; I don't know, but it was kind of gross. Also, the shower door doesn't close.

At this point, we decided to just stay in the room as we were told they were at 95% capacity anyway.

The air conditioning on one side of the room worked, but not in the other so it got very uncomfortable at night. At 8am the next morning, 4 of the housekeeping staff were sitting on the floor, about 10 feet from our door just talking away. That was more than annoying.

They've offered to move us to yet another room so we'll see how it goes...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear AnneSoCal,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on TripAdvisor. I would like to first and foremost like to apologize for the series of challenges you experienced while staying with us. I understand your frustration staying in multiple rooms that did not meet your expectations. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard, our number one goal is to expectations and I can assure you we are handling the situation accordingly to ensure future guests are not inconvenienced. Please feel free to call the hotel and speak with the manager on duty should you have any other questions. We hope to greet you again in the future at the New Orleans Iberville.
Jeff A
Assistant General Manager

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!