“The best hotel in the FQ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

Save Saved
You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn NY
“The best hotel in the FQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Courtyard offers spacious rooms in a prime location within the French Quarter. Located on Iberville Street one block from Bourbon St and Canal Street allows you to be central but also on a quite area of the FQ.

Check in: Immediately greeted by the valet attendent Marcos who showed me the way to the second floor lobby. The second floor lobby is very spacious offering many spaces to lounge. Small cafe and gym also located on this floor. Despite arriving at 11am I was able to check in early.
Room
I stayed on the 9th floor on the Burgendy Street side of the hotel. Mostly a view of the former Storyville area and Louis Cemetery #1. Room was spacious and suite like with a living room with TV upon entry, followed by bathroom and wetbar area with mini-fridge and lastly the king bedroom with TV. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. I especially enjoyed the bathroom which despite being a tad on the small side was very functional. A microwave is offered by the ice machine for guest use. Housekeeping service also great.

Overall:
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here if I return to NOLA in the future. You get a good bang for the buck when you consider the space and location you are getting. Valet is pricy at almost $40 but thats expected in the FQ. The staff was very friendly and aware which made me feel safe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear bkabe,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of several amenities of the hotel during your time here. I will be sure to pass on your feedback of the excellent service you received from valet, housekeeping, and front desk to my team!

Thank you for your feedback on our king suite! It is designed for your comfort during your stay whether it be for business or leisure. We are always working to ensure we provide our guests with safe, comfortable atmosphere and experience so I am pleased to hear we succeeded during your stay.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in NOLA!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here during Easter and it was a great selection. I also ran the Crescent City Classic and the hotel is centrally located for this event. The property is next door to the Ritz, and a block from Bourbon Street and its bars and restaurants. However, the property is far enough so that you get peace and quiet. The canal street trolleys are nearby so take a ride and tour the city.

Back to the property, we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a sofa sleeper. The room was nice, but the view was not. I don't care for the sliding doors in the room, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The lobby is comfy and has lots of tv's and computers. The bartender is also nice and I had a drink a couple of nights.

I would stay here again and hope to next Easter.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear DSTDiva,

Thank you for your feedback on your Easter stay with us! Your detailed description of our hotel location in the French Quarter is a nice touch many readers and travelers will benefit from. We appreciate your thoughts on the king suite and the service you received in our cafe.

We hope to welcome you back soon as one of our valued guests.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at several hotels in the New Orleans area and thought I'd give the Courtyard New Orleans/Iberville a try when my family and I came to stay for a few nights. The main draw for us was the 2 king bed suites.

We checked into a 10th floor room. There was NO view at all; just a window looking out at another window facing us across a very small interior courtyard. Very claustrophoic. The person at the desk told me none of the rooms had a view, that they all look across at buildings. Okay, I guess we can deal with that.

Once we were in our room, I noticed a very loud humming sound that was coming from the bathroom. It was so loud that not even closing the door to the bathroom masked it very much. They sent someone up to check it out and he said it was just the sound of the air conditioning unit on the roof. Okay, can't deal with that all night.

We asked for a new room and were put on the 8th floor. Same room, same kind of view, less noise coming from the bathroom fan, but still there. However, THIS room had several areas of carpet that were wet! I'm guessing they were spot cleaning certain areas; I don't know, but it was kind of gross. Also, the shower door doesn't close.

At this point, we decided to just stay in the room as we were told they were at 95% capacity anyway.

The air conditioning on one side of the room worked, but not in the other so it got very uncomfortable at night. At 8am the next morning, 4 of the housekeeping staff were sitting on the floor, about 10 feet from our door just talking away. That was more than annoying.

They've offered to move us to yet another room so we'll see how it goes...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear AnneSoCal,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on TripAdvisor. I would like to first and foremost like to apologize for the series of challenges you experienced while staying with us. I understand your frustration staying in multiple rooms that did not meet your expectations. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard, our number one goal is to expectations and I can assure you we are handling the situation accordingly to ensure future guests are not inconvenienced. Please feel free to call the hotel and speak with the manager on duty should you have any other questions. We hope to greet you again in the future at the New Orleans Iberville.
Jeff A
Assistant General Manager
Chowchilla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went to New Orleans for our first time and knew we wanted to be in the French Quarter but not on Bourbon St. The Courtyard was an excellent choice. We had a one bedroom suite with a king bed on the 7th floor facing Burgundy St. The room was perfect. It was very clean and quiet. We were as far away from the elevator as you can get and did not hear a thing other than the occasional siren going down Canal St. The hotel has a limited room service menu but the one time we did order, it was quick and the food was delicious. The small dining area the hotel has is overpriced for what you get but if you need something quick in the morning (cereal, bagel, coffee, etc.), it is convenient. The hotel is very close to everything. You can walk one block to Canal St and catch a bus or trolley to anywhere in New Orleans. You are only a short walk to some of the best food in the French Quarters. If you have a late flight, the parking attendants will store your luggage in a secure area so you can continue to enjoy New Orleans until you have to leave.

Room Tip: We stayed in 728 which is on the Burgundy St side of the building.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Paisano76,

I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us! I’m glad our location was convenient for your trip to New Orleans, being right in the French Quarter but not directly on top of all the action of Bourbon Street is a nice advantage for us. We appreciate your feedback and we will use it as we continue to provide our guests with exceptional service and hotel experience in the future.

Kind Regards,

Savona, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I thought this was a special place, considering the number of 5 stars reviews. It's really convenient for the French Quarter, and it is not located on a noisy street. However, that's all about it. I mean, it's very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful....but the hotel doesn't have much "charme".
I would recommended it as a business hotel, but not so much for a romantic break.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Daniele70,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue change and grow with the times, and hopefully we can find that charm that you are looking for. We hope that you will come back as our guest the next time you are in New Orleans.

Operations Manager.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a small group meeting for work at the hotel and used their one and only meeting room on property. All of the members of our team came away with similar feelings that the staff really were just not that engaged or concerned with customer service. Took a long time to check in, very little information given when asked about dining options nearby, often times short and abrupt when speaking to you, coffee service in lobby was almost like we were bothering them with an order, lobby bistro was closed the whole time, etc.

Too bad as the hotel is in a very nice area for exploring the French Quarter. Great option to just walk everywhere you need. Close to the activity while being tucked away in a quiet area as the same time. Rooms are nice and do give you the extra space with the smaller living room area in the front and the bedroom in the back - very similar to an Embassy Suites setup for those of you familiar. If you can avoid needing to deal much with the staff, I would recommend staying here while visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear ariz_wild_cat,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, I am sad to hear that you received such poor service during your stay with us. I can assure you this is not the way we train our staff to treat our guests, I will personally make sure I address these issues with our staff.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it is what allows us to continually work to provide all of our guests with an excellent hotel experience. I hope that we will have the opportunity to greet you as one of our guests the next time you are in New Orleans.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel has spacious rooms, comfy beds and modern bathrooms, it is centrally located in the French Quarter, within minutes of Bourbon and Canal Sts., surrounded by excellent restaurants. The reason why I did not give it an excellent rating is the fact that the carpet in our room was very dirty and the coffee machine and the bathroom were not properly stocked, I had to call reception in order to get milk, sugar and a shower cap.
Please note that there are no safety deposit boxes in the rooms. Service at Reception was good and the cleaning crew very friendly. In general, a good hotel, where you get good value for your money.

Green Features: You can opt out of daily bedding and towel change.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Lions_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard New Orleans Iberville. I am very disappointed to hear about the carpet and your room not being fully stocked, I will personally ensure that these issues are addressed with my team so that we can improve them going forward.

In regards to the safety boxes, unfortunately we no longer provide this in our guest rooms; however we do offer complimentary safety deposit boxes at our front desk for our guests to use during their stay.

I know when staying at a Marriott Hotel, you have high expectations and I apologize that this issues came about during your stay. Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again!

Regards,

Celeste B.

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!