“Location, elegance and value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Location, elegance and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We booked 3 nights for Memorial Weekend and immensely enjoyed our stay here. The hotel seems to have been renovated but it has a lot of NOLA charm and is within a block from the craziest street in Louisiana (Bourbon). In your room you never hear any noise or feel that close to Bourbon.

The hotel is connected to the Ritz-Carlton which is even more charming and elegant. You can walk into the Davenport Lounge from here without leaving the hotel and let me tell you, that is a TREAT. The setting for their weekend band is something out of a 1930's movie set. Just stunning. The food and drinks taste better when you are having that much fun.

Any way, back to the Courtyard... it has all you need as a tourist or business traveler without the extra cost that larger hotels charge.

Two annoying facts: 1) You have to take an elevator from the ground level to the Hotel's lobby. Despite having two elevators, it sometimes took a minute or two to get up there because of big groups.

2) The parking situation is hectic but that goes for most hotels in the French Quarter. Parking directly across the street was $25/day.

Overall, will surely be our first choice if we are looking for a small yet modern hotel a stone throw away from Bourbon but just far enough to avoid most of Bourbon Street's craziness, noise and... stench.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear LoveToTravel0007,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give such great details on our hotel! It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I couldn’t agree more with you about the Davenport Lounge; it does give you a 1930’s movie set feeling.

I apologize for the many elevators required to get aound our hotel, I know its confusing design that takes a bit of getting used to.

Also in regards to the valet I will make sure take your valuable feedback to our team for discussion. We look forward to having the chance to greet you again in the near future!

Have a wonderful day.

Celeste B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Keyser, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The facility is excellent, and much better than I was expecting. The rooms are very clean, modern and comfortable. This may be one of the best Courtyard Marriotts I have been in, and the price is very reasonable for a hotel literally a block from Bourbon Street. For as close as it is to Bourbon Street, you seem worlds away and very safe and secure in your room. I only knocked it a star because parking is valet only, at $38 per night, which is much higher than garage parking nearby. I would think the hotel would not use parking as a money making opportunity. No breakfast included, but you get used to that with Courtyards.

Green Features: It should be up to patrons, not hotels, to engage in meaningful environmentally friendly practices.
Dear Jeshultz,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to hear you describe us as modern, clean & comfortable! All of your valuable feedback will be taken back to our team to discuss and put into consideration so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We look forward to greeting you again as one of our guests.

Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed for a long weekend and 1st time staying at this hotel, I have stayed at quite a few of the different Quarter Hotels so I thought I would give The Courtyard a try and I was very happy with my stay. Very close to Bourbon but surprisingly was quite, rooms were well laid out and very clean, shares amenities with the Ritz Carlton, only downfall if you want to call it that is that you have to switch elevators to get from the ground level to the front desk and guest rooms. Was very happy with my stay and will be adding The Courtyard as one of my go to hotels when staying in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Krazyk506,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. I am very happy to hear that we are now considered the “go-to hotel” when visiting New Orleans! We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Have a wonderful day,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I booked in to this hotel for a weekend work trip. I wanted something off Canal and out of the quarter. I guess I got my map wrong, because this hotel is very much in the quarter, which is great if you're on foot, but sucks if you are commuting in a car, like I was. My fault, I should have checked.

When I arrived the valet took my car and promised to have it down in a few minutes whenever I wished. In most cases, this was true, save for the last day when they forgot they were getting my car for half an hour. After asking three times, apologies abounded as they brought my vehicle to me.

Check-in was easy. I was given a high floor room, off the street so it was nice and quiet. The rooms are nice with a living area and a bedroom. I had a few loud neighbors, but that's expected in New Orleans and Vegas, especially if you're near the action. I always bring a pair of ear plugs with me. They have saved my sleep more than once.

The bathroom is large, with a glorious stand-up shower. I'm a huge fan. Who actually uses those minuscule tubs?

If I was back in New Orleans and planned to focus my time in The Quarter, I'd stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: You might get noise from the street, so if you're sensitive be sure and mention that.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Bearpster,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us in New Orleans. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the valet service and retrieving your car, I will be sure to discuss this with the valet team so that we can improve our service in the future. I am pleased to hear that you liked the location of your guest room and the bathroom with the standup shower; they are a nice modern touch to the rooms. Again I want to thank you for your feedback as we are always open to guest suggestions to keep our customer service and guest satisfaction strong! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Celeste B
Wallington, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is sort of the apartment version of the adjoining The Ritz Carlton. Our room was great. Basically walked into a lounge room (which had a sofa bed if needed) then the adjoining room the bedroom with a wonderful king sized bed. Good fittings and our courtyard adjoining position meant it was very quiet. Great location in the French Quarter. Two large TVs a good bathroom completed the comfort zone. Reception is a bit layed back, and breakfast is like a convenience store but in a comfortable lounge setting. We were happy with the style, comfort and price. It's more like an apartment than a hotel, but that suited us fine. Keep going past Bourbon St towards the French Market on the river, the shops and galleries are fun and interesting.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear VFrequentTravellers,

Thank you for providing feedback on many aspects of your stay!

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the layout and amenities of our King Suite guestroom. In regards to the reception, I will take your feedback of "laidback service" back to my team to ensure that we are always providing upbeat on point service as this is something we strive to provide to each and every one of our guests. Again I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us; we hope to have you again as one of our guests.

Celeste B
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We booked a room with 2 king beds in a "suite" style room. This room was great for 2 couples who don't mind sharing a bathroom. One bed is in a separate bedroom with a barn-style door for privacy. The bathroom door is also barn-style and ours would NOT stay closed. We ended up propping it with a chair when someone was showering so it wouldn't slowly roll open. This was probably an issue particular to our room, and wouldn't affect my choice to stay here again.

The room was a little more expensive, and the parking was $$, but we enjoyed the location immensely. We were right there in all the action, without having to listen to it all night long. Our room on the 8th floor was very quiet, even though it faced the street. My one complaint is the layout of the room left little space for hanging out. We had to all sit on one bed to be in the same room. If you're not going to be in the room very much, this won't be an issue.

The lobby is kind of odd when you first arrive, as you check in on the second floor, but we got used to it quickly. There is a small Starbucks in the lobby, which was very convenient, though the morning "barista" was not very pleasant. She didn't seem too thrilled to be working there.

The parking attendants were very nice, though not always readily available. We tried to call down for our car ahead of time, but no one answered the phone. Then we waited several minutes at the valet desk before someone told us to knock on a side door to get the valet's attention. If we had known that from our first day, we would have spent a lot less time waiting on our car!

Overall I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again. Note for families, there is no pool in the hotel. You can use the spa at the adjoining hotel for a fee, but it's not a regular pool. Normally I would not care about a pool in a hotel, but after coming in from the heat and humidity, we all would have loved to go for a swim.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid the street noise.
Green Features: There is only one place to hang a towel in the room, so reusing towels wasn't practical.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear rachspin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable and that you would recommend to us to your friends and family.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of the Starbucks coffee that we proudly brew in our cafe, as this is something we offer to our guests as a convenience to recharge during their stay. I apologize for the "not too thrilled" service you received when ordering your coffee, I will be sure to discuss this with my team to ensure it does not continue to happen.

I appreciate your detailed information on your valet experience, I will take this back to the valet team to make sure that their service is improved.

All of your feedback and thoughts are extremely valuable as everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was my first trip to New Orleans, hence the lengthy review. I traveled alone on business.

I agree with the comments regarding the somewhat inelegant entry to the cavernous and rather utilitarian 2nd floor hotel lobby. The lobby, however, is bright, clean and peppered with Windows workstations and printers which are a major plus for business travelers. I pay my own business travel expenses and I found the room rates are more than competitive. The friendly front desk provided a courtesy upgrade to a king suite which I found to be spotless, well designed and dead silent. I value sleep quality above all else and found the beds and linens very comfortable and the black-out blinds were sufficiently effective.

Skip the hotel "dining". Good for emergencies but little else. With the amazing restaurants around almost every corner, many open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (e.g. Bourbon House Seafood less than a block away) there is no need to eat at the hotel.

The location inside the Canal St. edge of the French Quarter is also ideal for the business traveler as it gives excellent walking-distance access to the business district, the French quarter and, a bit further on, the French Market areas. Canal Street is around the corner, giving access to the giant hotels that host many conventions, There are always taxis at the front door as well as frequent trolly cars on Canal Street to make getting around town easy. A car is not necessary because the airport cab rate is only $33 for up to 2 passengers, the Canal St. trolly is around the corner and everything of interest seems to be within walking distance. Airport car rentals can be dirt cheap (I was quoted $22/day including taxes by one of the majors) but hotel parking costs more than the car.

Let me add that, to my eye, central New Orleans shows virtually no sign of the devastating hurricane 10 years ago. One native to whom I spoke observed that the de-population of the city following the storm has been largely reversed and that the new residents are coming from different parts of the US and have improved the mix of values, work ethic and culture. The levee system has been completely restored and improved and the city is now well protected from future devastation. I am told that past endemic political corruption is being brought under control and a former mayor is now awaiting sentencing. This town deserves government that is as honest as the people seem to be.

As a solo business traveler I found the people of New Orleans very friendly (strangers sometimes nod and say "hello" in passing on the sidewalk) and I plan to return with my wife for a vacation. The dining is truly, truly original and extraordinary and the city is steeped in history. Think old Quebec City in the tropics and slightly decaying. Truly the Big Easy.

Room Tip: If you are looking for silence, ask for a room on a mid-to-higher floor facing the internal courtyar...
Dear Sam-in-Toronto,

Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel and New Orleans! I am sure a lot of people will find your feedback very useful when planning their trip to NOLA.

I will have to agree that our lobby is very wide and open; it leaves several areas for guests to work, meet, and eat. With us being a Courtyard we value or business traveler as much as our leisure guest so we made sure to make enough space for our guests to comfortably convene outside of their guestroom. I'm delighted to hear that we were able to upgrade you to our King Suite and that it fits your values as a frequent traveler.

Again, I thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us on your stay in New Orleans. We hope if you should return to the area, whether it is for business or leisure you will stay with us again!