“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Location is awesome. You are right off of Bourbon street, so you don't get as much of the noise as you would on Bourbon. I considered a few hotels that were a bit farther from bourbon but was pleased that we stayed here. When I return, I wouldn't mind actually staying on Bourbon. Rooms were clean as can be. The only downside is no hotel bar, but there are obviously plenty if bars around.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just a block from Bourbon Street, Canal Street and a 15 minute walk to Jackson Square. This is the 2nd time I've been to this hotel during Jazz fest. I have to say though my first stay was better than this one - some things have changed. Don't expect to be greeted by the staff downstairs when your taxi lets you out...or be offered any help - this is a self service property.

The last time I was here, I was able to hang out with friends on a weekend evening with great snacks and the bar - now its closed at night? Strange.

Yes Jazz Fest is a busy time, but when is it slow in NOLA? In booking the room via main reservations, I was not told ahead of time that the rate was full pre-pay...when I called the hotel directly to inquire about my stay, they said it wasn't (which concurred with my account online), but a couple of weeks before I traveled - yup, they took the whole amount. There is no mobile check in at this property - why not? And definitely get a room on a higher floor away from the street, as Bourbon Street will keep you up until 4 am. And can we get an AC unit that doesn't short cycle all night long - or sound like a freight train? If we have to have one...can we put it in the suite part so it doesn't keep you up once the noise from outside goes away?

I was also disappointed that they didn't have any information ahead of time - like the fact that they contract with one of the companies for a shuttle to Jazz Fest. Assuming this wasn't the first year they did this, why didn't anyone know about it before hand?

I'm a bit disappointed given my wonderful experience last year, and given that I'm a regular Marriott customer, very disappointed in the service.

Room Tip: high floor, away from the street.
Green Features: I think they are just fine...though you need to watch the towels - they don't always give you back all of the linens you need
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Tamara B,

Thank you for choosing the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard for your stay again during Jazz Fest. I am sorry to hear you did not feel your experience was great as 2013. Our Cafe is open each evening from 5:00-10:00PM for dinner and drinks, as well as for breakfast each morning. I will certainly bring your concerns to the team, as we continuously strive for excellence and demonstrate Marriott's "Spirit to Serve". Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to greet you again in the near future.
Regards,
Jeff A
Assistant General Manager
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here the week of Jazz Fest.Very quite, clean and reasonably priced. One block away from Bourbon Street and within walking distance of other area attractions.Staff was very courteous and helpful with questions that we had. Will definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Located pretty much in the French Quarter.

It's literally a block away from Bourbon street, so you get the best of both worlds. You can have a quiet atmosphere away from all the drunken bachelor/frat guys. Or, you can walk right over and have a drink (or five).

There's a fake Starbuck's in the lobby - as in they just sell Starbuck's coffee. From a thermos. There's also a bar but I doubt anyone's really going there with the bajillion bars nearby.

There's a fitness center. There's no pool but there is one in the connected Ritz Carlton that you can use for a $10 fee, I believe.

The rooms are clean. The bathrooms seem like they've been remodeled. I also liked the fact that our room had a separate (kitchen-esque) sink.

If I ever come back to NOLA, I would deffo stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Oxnard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was impeccably clean and the beds were comfortable. There are no bathtubs. One of the drawing points is the relationship with the Ritz-Carlton where you can relax in a beautiful outdoor area. Do get on one of the higher floors. I went with four girlfriends and learned that the room with two king beds is more comfortable than the king suite. The last night I stayed on the 10th floor facing the river. Much quieter than the 7th floor facing Iberville. The first night our room keys stopped working for the two rooms we rented sporadically. It was fixed but I also heard some other customers complaining about the same problem. There is an AARP/AAA discount. You need to ask for it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I would like to thank you and your girlfriends for staying with us and I am glad you were able to enjoy yourselves. I do apologize for your key issue this was a brief issue that was corrected. If you ever return to our hotel we do have 30 rooms with bathtubs however they are on the lower floors and only in our king suites or queen suites.

Again thank you for your feedback and staying with us
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked a King Suite for four nights. The initial room was not acceptable but the staff worked with us until we found one we liked. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of everything and the staff and housekeeping were very helpful. The entrance is kind of strange as you have to take an elevator to the second floor for the lobby, and then another elevator to the rooms. The room was updated nicely and was clean and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was recommended by friends who visit NO frequently and we could not have been more pleased with our stay. We arrived from a cruise ship at 9AM and were welcomed by Jay, the bellman and the front desk staff who gave us a lovely room at that early hour. The hotel is a block from Canal St and a block and 1/2 from Bourbon St. It is clean and comfortable. We felt the price was reasonable for the comfortable suite that we had. The room was very quiet. We used the safe deposit box at the front desk numerous times and the staff was always friendly about opening it for us. We enjoyed restaurants that they recommended too. We would definitely stay here again if we return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to have you with us again. I would also like to thank your friends for recommending us to you.

Have a great day

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!