“Great hotel in a very good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, AL
“Great hotel in a very good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Courtyard Iberville for 2 nights in early July. Staff is very attentive and the king suite was roomy and quiet. Convenient to Deanie's Seafood and many other bars and restaurants. We parked the car and walked all over the French Quarter for our entire stay. Also convenient to 2 different streetcar lines. Excellent choice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our staff and hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were in New Orleans. We know you have many choices of hotels to stay and we thank you for staying with us.

Frank Romano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location was just perfect for sightseeing French Quarter. Parking was $38/day, but worth it. Because every thing was in the walking distance. Room was space for three of us. My daughter tried the workout area and said it was nice. We had breakfast at the Starbucks in the lobby which had Reasonable price, I think. I definitely will stay here if I visit New Orleans again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the comments about the hotel it was our pleasure to serve you, your wife and freinds while you were in New Orleans.

Thanks for your business

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As many have pointed out the best quality of this hotel is the location. If you are going to New Orleans and plan on taking in all that the French Quarter has to offer this hotel is a great choice.

The hotel is located just off Bourbon and close to Canal so you are very close to where the action begins. Simply take a right out of the hotel on Iberville, pass a couple of great places to eat (Acme Oyster House/Felix's) and quickly you will be part of the party. Jackson Square. Cafe Du Monde. Harrah's. The St. Charles St. Street Cars. Canal St. Shopping. All of it within walking distance. We didn't rent a car and never needed one.

As for the hotel itself the rooms are great. We went with a King Suite and had plenty of room for just the two of us. Large comfortable bed. Nice living area. Interesting sliding doors to the bathroom and bedroom. Nice lobby. And so on. To be fair we didn't spend much time in our room but when we did we were more than pleased.

One thing of note is this hotel does not have a swimming pool. It is connected to the Ritz next door and their pool can be used by Courtyard guests for a fee. It wasn't a big deal for us as swimming wasn't on our list of activities. Also, the Ritz does have a spa which my wife enjoyed. And apparently the Courtyard has a nice workout facility (I wouldn't know) if that's your thing.

We went with 3 other couples on a kid-free 3 night getaway and everyone had a blast. Not sure I would stay her with our young kids as our itinerary would be much different but if you are looking for a hotel to stay with your friends and/or your lady for a fun filled weekend this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments about the hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you, your wife and friends while you were in New Orleans.

Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location if you want to be near Bourbon St. Nice rooms, comfortable beds and a cool sliding door to the bathrooms. Starbucks in lobby. No swimming pool or hot tub. Decent workout facility. Hotel staff was helpful on places to go.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My car was ransacked!
I recently moved across the country and stayed at this hotel based on the reviews. Since I was moving, I had my car packed full. I stayed here for two nights and gave my car over the the mandatory valet service required by the hotel. I took in important papers like my passport etc and as much as could fit on a luggage cart into my room. I used my car on the morning after the first night and everything was fine. When the valet delivered my car the next morning, the day of my departure, my car had been ransacked. The reason I don't say it was broken into was that there were no signs of forced entry whatsoever. I had items in the backseat thrown into the front seat, clothes strewn everywhere and of course items that were stolen including family heirloom jewelry that wasn't worth stealing but means the world to me. The security at the hotel came out, took pictures and was very apologetic saying that maybe the valet forgot to lock my car. They wanted a list of all that was taken and made it seem they would work to replace it. Then Marriott corporate took over. I was told I had to wait for them to look into it. After waiting a week, i contacted them again to ask for a status and received a snippy email saying that I hadn't given them a list of the items. They hadn't asked for that yet. After a few more emails about what was taken, they have gone silent. Over a week and no word from them. As a long time Marriott member, I'm so disappointed of how they have treated one of their guests. My friends who are cops are sure the valet is in on the theft. Was it coincidence my stuff was stolen on the night before I was to check out?? Normally wouldn't leave anything in my car but due to moving, I didn't have much of a choice. I left my car with the mandatory valet the stop prior to this in downtown Austin with no issues. Don't trust this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We chose this hotel based on needing to use our free night certificate from our Marriott rewards. We were booked into a king with a pull out, but were placed into a room with 2 kings upon arrival,

We chose valet parking for convenience which was fairly quick. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and so helpful. I wish I could remember her name. It's been a long time since we were treated that well anywhere!!! Kudos to her :)

Our room had 2 kings in 2 rooms with a bath in between. Kids were excited about having their own room. Room was updated, bath was gorgeous. Only disappointment was no view. Our room looked out across other rooms. No biggie though. Also, the A/C was in the 2nd room, so we had to leave that room door open to cool the front room.

We were one block walk from Bourbon St., one block to Canal and 10 min to Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monde and the Mississippi. We came with 3 kids while passing through and only spent one night, so the lack of a pool did not affect our visit.

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here during a 3-generational-trip to New Orleans and college visit. Although it doesn't look like much from the outside, this hotel is lovely on the inside. It can be a bit of a maze... you have to take 1 elevator from the ground floor to the main floor, and then another up to the rooms. And once you get off the elevator, it's sort of a challenge to find your room. Nonetheless, the rooms were comfortable and spacious. We had a charming view of a brick wall... I guess you can't have everything! It was the perfect room... my mom & I stayed in the king bed in one room, separated by a bathroom and a sitting area with a pull-out sofa where my daughter stayed. The rooms are modern and have all amenities. The hotel is just close enough to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street that you can easily walk where you want to go, but it's far enough away that you don't feel like you are staying somewhere seedy. Close to Canal Street and the streetcars. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!