“Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

Save Saved
You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubuque, Iowa
“Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location if you want to be near Bourbon St. Nice rooms, comfortable beds and a cool sliding door to the bathrooms. Starbucks in lobby. No swimming pool or hot tub. Decent workout facility. Hotel staff was helpful on places to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My car was ransacked!
I recently moved across the country and stayed at this hotel based on the reviews. Since I was moving, I had my car packed full. I stayed here for two nights and gave my car over the the mandatory valet service required by the hotel. I took in important papers like my passport etc and as much as could fit on a luggage cart into my room. I used my car on the morning after the first night and everything was fine. When the valet delivered my car the next morning, the day of my departure, my car had been ransacked. The reason I don't say it was broken into was that there were no signs of forced entry whatsoever. I had items in the backseat thrown into the front seat, clothes strewn everywhere and of course items that were stolen including family heirloom jewelry that wasn't worth stealing but means the world to me. The security at the hotel came out, took pictures and was very apologetic saying that maybe the valet forgot to lock my car. They wanted a list of all that was taken and made it seem they would work to replace it. Then Marriott corporate took over. I was told I had to wait for them to look into it. After waiting a week, i contacted them again to ask for a status and received a snippy email saying that I hadn't given them a list of the items. They hadn't asked for that yet. After a few more emails about what was taken, they have gone silent. Over a week and no word from them. As a long time Marriott member, I'm so disappointed of how they have treated one of their guests. My friends who are cops are sure the valet is in on the theft. Was it coincidence my stuff was stolen on the night before I was to check out?? Normally wouldn't leave anything in my car but due to moving, I didn't have much of a choice. I left my car with the mandatory valet the stop prior to this in downtown Austin with no issues. Don't trust this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We chose this hotel based on needing to use our free night certificate from our Marriott rewards. We were booked into a king with a pull out, but were placed into a room with 2 kings upon arrival,

We chose valet parking for convenience which was fairly quick. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and so helpful. I wish I could remember her name. It's been a long time since we were treated that well anywhere!!! Kudos to her :)

Our room had 2 kings in 2 rooms with a bath in between. Kids were excited about having their own room. Room was updated, bath was gorgeous. Only disappointment was no view. Our room looked out across other rooms. No biggie though. Also, the A/C was in the 2nd room, so we had to leave that room door open to cool the front room.

We were one block walk from Bourbon St., one block to Canal and 10 min to Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monde and the Mississippi. We came with 3 kids while passing through and only spent one night, so the lack of a pool did not affect our visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here during a 3-generational-trip to New Orleans and college visit. Although it doesn't look like much from the outside, this hotel is lovely on the inside. It can be a bit of a maze... you have to take 1 elevator from the ground floor to the main floor, and then another up to the rooms. And once you get off the elevator, it's sort of a challenge to find your room. Nonetheless, the rooms were comfortable and spacious. We had a charming view of a brick wall... I guess you can't have everything! It was the perfect room... my mom & I stayed in the king bed in one room, separated by a bathroom and a sitting area with a pull-out sofa where my daughter stayed. The rooms are modern and have all amenities. The hotel is just close enough to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street that you can easily walk where you want to go, but it's far enough away that you don't feel like you are staying somewhere seedy. Close to Canal Street and the streetcars. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I liked this hotel it near but far enough from the French Quarter that it made me search out better priced and quality restaurants than you find in the French Quarter. Staff were friendly and helpful. Although a downtown hotel with limited parking the valet parking worked well. I would stay here again next time in New Orleans

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ramer, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

One block off Bourbon Street, this is a perfect location to see and get in all the action. The staff was beyond helpful, they offered info and had lots of great ideas of where to eat and things to do. Our room was very large and spotless with 2 kings and wet bar. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Two couples could easily stay in the double King room, there is actually a door between making it al...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Schenectady
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Do not be fooled by first impressions. The entrance is not grand, there are no flags or doormen, but it all changes once you're inside. The lobby and common rooms are marble, large and bright, with plenty of comfotable seating areas. Check in was easy and professional.
The suite was spotless, spacious and appeared to be newly renovated. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was a tad tight for two people. Our room did not have a safe or magnifying mirror (our friends did have safes??). I was not impressed with the Starbucks, so use the room coffee maker and then go out for breakfast.
The location is great. We were there for graduation. The campus was a cab ride but graduation at the Superdome was a 15 minute walk. We rode the trolly to the Garden district, but other then that we walked everywhere. The French Quarter is outside your door. Jackson Square, French Market and the water front are a 10-15 walk. Royal St, The Napoleon House and the carousel bar are 5 minutes away. Bourbon St is the next block, but after a few minutes, move on... eww.
New Orleans is so much fun!! We would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!