“Convenient, Clean & Crisp decór” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #17 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Convenient, Clean & Crisp decór”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks exactly like the hotel's stock photos. Our room was a king bed with separate living room area and complementary Wi-Fi. The room had a refrigerator which came in handy, most hotels charge for them nightly. The hotel is within a very short walk to Canal St. & Bourbon St.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Monroe, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Recently remodeled, our room was very nice. Loved the shower and the sliding doors. The hallway and rooms were quiet, which I like. The only downsides was the 2 elevators that you have to ride to get to your room from the street and the confusing, maze like paths to get to the adjoining Ritz Carlton. The location was great. Parking is a bit expensive at $34.00 per day. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

In my career I am on the road about every week and staying at Couryard Hotels. This trip was both for business and pleasure and was connected to our "Girls weekend" shared with 3 other women. The first night was my work night and Taurean was very helpful at the front desk. Because we made the reservation paying for one night, points for 2, and a certificate for the 3rd it was quite confusing! Taurean was patient and helped us find a room with two beds that would accomodate all of us comfortably. Darlene was also at the front desk and she promised to take care of us when we re-checked in the next day so we could keep our original room and not have to move.

The room was great! Quite different from other Marriott Courtyards. Because this one used to be the Iberville Suites, the rooms are much larger than a traditional Courtyard. There were little decorative things in the room that also made the hotel special, such as the large sliding doors, the artwork, bathroom, bedding, and more. Any time we called the front desk for extra towels, shampoo, etc., it was immediately brought up with a smile!

The hotel it'self was in a fantastic location if you are wanting to be by the Quarter. We were within a couple blocks of Bourban, Acme Oyster House, and Jackson Square. You can use the Ritz pool but there is a charge for this. Therefore, we did not take advantage of the Ritz property.

I would like to say that Taurean and Darlene were so kind, gracious, and welcoming. They took care of everything we needed and laughed with us the whole time!

If anyone is looking for a reasonable priced Marriott in New Orleans this is it! It's great for groups with more than two people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with two beds if you have more than two people!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Coming to this hotel, I was full of skepticism; after all, the price was much lower than the surrounding hotels (especially in the French Quarter) and it was a recent Marriott conversion from a non-Marriott hotel. Usually, I've found this means a sub par experience with lots of bumps along the way.

The hotel's entrance, as others have stated, honestly, is not very inviting. Frankly, the street you enter from looks like a back alley, usually complete with bagged trash always seemingly waiting to be picked up be absent garbage trucks. The driveway is kind of yellow-- I don't know how else to describe it-- but I think that's from the lighting used.

The lobby area is very nice looking-- almost modernly elegant. I'm not sure how else to put that. I wouldn't call it exactly inviting, but impressive to look at.

Check in was fine with a few bumps, but I was in and out of check in within three minutes.

The group I was with had two rooms that were the same type and looked more or less the same. One room looked a bit more worn, but nothing I couldn't live with-- especially for the exceptional rate we were paying.

The windows in both rooms looked down onto an enclosed courtyard-- actually, the roof of the lobby (?). The windows in both rooms didn't open, which is a huge irritant for me, but again, that's okay. We weren't spending too much time in the room anyway.

Parking was not a complimentary, but I can't remark on the value since we didn't have a vehicle. There was also a restaurant, but again, I didn't visit this either.
Free internet in the rooms, decent speed.
No issues with noise at all, especially surprising for being in the French Quarter.

I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place was a huge and pleasant surprise! For the good price we paid, I did not expect such a fantastic hotel. It's beautiful! For only $20 more per night, I upgraded to a suite which was large and fantastic. The location was perfect - steps away from everything! Also, housekeeping was great. One day I asked for an extra conditioner and every day after that she gave me extra conditioner in the room. Sometimes it's the little things that make you happy :)

This will be my one and only place to stay in New Orleans from now on!!

Room Tip: Skip room service - the prices are OUTRAGEOUS!! Although, everywhere to eat in the French Quarter i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

On a whim we decided to come to New Orleans and just Get Away. We choose Marriott properties whenever possible and this one did not disappoint.
We noticed that the shower door was slightly off kilter, and when we went roaming for the day, their staff fixed it immediately.
Rooms are quite nicely appointed with large flatscreen LG tv's in the lounge/parlor front room as well as the bedroom. Fridge and coffee maker as well as modern lighting done quite well. Loved the window shades... they roll down and provide near blackout for the late riser - or daytime sleeper.
We will be back and likely choose this property to stay at!!

Stayed November 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very spacious. A lounge room with a TV as well as another TV in the kingsize bedroom. Lovely clean room and comfortable bed. Excellent value for money. Well located in the French Quarter close to Bourbon Street and within walking distance of the Mississippi River and close to all the touristy stuff. We were very happy with what we got for the price and we do travel a lot. The only negatives are the bathroom sink is only suitable for tall people. I was unable to wash my face because the sink is so high. Definitely not suitable for a child or short person. The other negative was that we found on the second day the cleaning staff had forgotten to put in a second glass, regular coffee and face towels. When I phoned the front desk for replacement, I waited about 15 minutes (Yes!) before the phone was answered and then it took another 20 minutes before the requested items were supplied. But other than that it's presently great value - the paintwork is brand new and they even have crystal lights in the elevators. The front lobby leaves a little to be desired though. You have to go into a back alley and then catch an elevator to the second floor to get to reception.But overall I would definitely stay there again, because it is well appointed, very clean and spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!