“Good, but be careful!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70112 (Formerly Iberville Suites)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good, but be careful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was nice and the facilities were good. Location is great. But I went back to the hotel at 3 am. Nobody was at the Front Desk. A person that was working for a cleaning contract company told me that the agent was on lunch. He offered to open the door of my room. He never checked my id to verify my identity. He was trying to flirt with me in the elevator. And after that he opened a room that was not mine. I was a little scared...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spend probably 90% of my hotel dollars at Marriott properties (I'm Platinum Elite) and I've left another Courtyard (in the middle of a stay here in New Orleans) before, so I don't really know why I gave this one a chance. The location is Prime for everything you want to do in NOLA, and the price didn't seem bad, either. Well, until we got here. First impression was at check in...They ask if I want One thing from the market or 200 points. I guess I'm used to the JW/Ritz/Saint, where they offer wine and cheese plates, etc. But, I'm at the Courtyard, so no biggie, I grabbed a soda. The hallways were grungy and a putrid green color. Get to the room....Wow! Nice and Clean and 2 king beds, separated by the bathroom, both with their own tv's and own space. I actually don't think I've ever gotten a room that wasn't a suite with 2 king beds, so that was nice. The high was short-lived, however......neither a Verizon nor AT&T phone could even pull one bar of service in the room. I set out down the hallway to find some bars...not wanting to be rude to the fellow travelers by yapping on my phone near their room, I find the stairwell and it has surprisingly good reception. Clink. It locks me in. Well, I can't call my friend in the room...he has no reception. I call the front desk from the email confirmation I have on my phone....no answer. call several more times, no answer. I finally end up calling the Marriott reservation line and they take several minutes to connect to the front desk too. Yes, I guess I could've technically walked down the stairs, but I was barefoot and not exactly dressed to be exiting into the unknown landing area of a stairwell. A man in a suit finally arrives to rescue me and doesn't really say anything. Sorry, or Oh we need a sign that says Door Locks Behind You....Something? nothing. oh well...my dumb fault for getting locked in a stairwell, I guess.
Sleep quality: If you're in the far bedroom, I suppose you get a wonderful night's sleep, but if you're near the door....bring earplugs. Walls are paper thin, and apparently the clientele here don't really have hotel-hallway-ettiquette. People screaming ROLL TIDE at all hours of the night, groups of people just congregating in the hallway chatting while a child screams running up and down.. c'mon people! I stuck my head out the door more than once to plead for silence. Our Do Not Disturb sign was also swiped more than once over the 6 days, leading to the maid knocking at 8am and waking us up. While this isn't the Courtyard's fault, by any means, it's a definite picture of who else is staying at this property.
Maintenance: The second night, we arrive back at our room and we are greeted by red & green blinking light while trying to unlock the door. Try both keys...nothing. Go all the way back down to the lobby and they accuse us of keeping them near our cell phones or credit cards.....neither of which we did, because, shocker--this isn't our first time in a hotel that uses key cards. I mention the red & green blinking lights, but they just issue us 2 new cards. Of course, those don't work either and we trudge back down for a second time. I mention the blinking lights again and front desk lady says she'll send security up to let us in and bring two new cards. He shows up, lets us in and then says that our door needs new batteries and that's what the blinking lights indicated. Would've been helpful 30 minutes earlier if front desk had known this tidbit of info. He had to take apart the door apparatus, it's a process.....and of course, he didn't bring us new keys. We were getting exhausted and exasperated at the lack of communication in this place!
Room: The bathroom was very nice and the shower sparkling clean for how quickly things can get moldy/mildewy here in LA. There was also a wetbar with coffee maker and a full-size mini-fridge. -sounds like an oxymoron, but it wasn't one of those tiny little 1 ft. high fridges, it was big enough for sodas, waters, to go food and snacks.
Business: Don't bother bringing your laptop, the wifi is awful. Apparently the Ritz has fabulous wifi, as every time I'd fire up the computer, it would try and pull their signal. I called the front desk and she said she'd send someone up to trouble shoot. Um, why? my computer works just fine, it's the WIFI that needs fixing. ugh. I even tried to pull the Platinum Elite Card and ask if I could get the passcode for the Ritz's wifi, but that was a no go too. If you're going to let us share the spa, restaurants and let us charge back to our rooms, why not share the easiest and biggest crowd pleaser??
Dining: We didn't try the in-house dining options, too many fantastic places to eat in NOLA to be wasting a meal on hotel food.
Overall: I -might- stay here again....but it's going to have to be one helluva room rate. There are just so many other hotels in proximity that I KNOW have better service. Marriott needs to either beef up this brand or drop it.....it's bringing down their good name.

Room Tip: Ask for the end of the hallway, so you don't hear your inconsiderate neighbors at all hours of t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good sized room, comfortable ante-chamber with stylish, firm couch. Easy walk to west end of Bourbon Street and Canal Street. Easy check in and check out. Starbucks on first floor is nice for morning coffee although the room also has a coffee maker. No complaints.

Room Tip: Inner rooms face what might be termed a large light shaft. Some outer ones don't have much view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel itself was very cute. Everything was clean the staff was personable. When I stayed here it was not a Courtyard it was called Iberville Suites and was aligned with the Ritz. I am hoping the service standards continue. I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The Iberville Suites is a delightful bargain at the edge of New Orleans' famed French Quarter. Located alongside the Ritz Carlton (the properties are under common ownership, have shared billing systems, and partially share elevators), the Iberville allows you to readily access the Ritz's spa and common areas and to use the Ritz's concierge. All this, plus a complimentary breakfast buffet for a fraction of the price you'd pay at the Ritz. Rooms are smaller and older than those at the Ritz, but this is hardly an inconvenience if you intend to spend most of your time touring New Orleans and environs. Note that accommodations at the Iberville are on the small side, so opt for the largest room or suite that you can procure.

This is a terrific location for exploring the French Quarter. Jackson Square is an easy and enjoyable 12-15 minute walk, and Bourbon Street is minutes away. Canal Street is just around the block, making for easy trolley line or taxi access, and it's a 10 minute walk to the Aquarium area.

If you want a great location and access to the Ritz Carlton at budget prices, the Iberville is your place.

• Stayed December 2011
karenivg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a newly acquired Courtyard Marriott property that is attached to the Ritz.
Rooms are very "W" ish. With the bathroom in middle of room and modern decor.
Nice lobby, large business center, cafe and bar. Also Ritz spa and lounge are wonderful.
Great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Staying here for 5 nights on my Marriott points. as everyone before me has said it's nice and newly remodeled. Perfect for a visit to NOLA. Thank goodness we decided to not rent a car! Parking is $38/day and we wouldn't have used it. So that was a good choice for us. I think they need to post new pictures the remodel is much nicer than they show.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river and over look the French Quarter and not facing the central courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville? Share your experiences!