“Southern Style Tour of New Orleans is a Winner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Style Tours

Southern Style Tours
201 St Charles Ave Suite 2500, New Orleans, LA 70170 (Central Business District)
+1 504-568-1998
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We do 3 hour City Tours twice daily. We run everyday rain or shine. Our tours are 9 am and 2 pm. We pick you up from downtown hotels and drop you back off. We cover all the popular tour spots and more. Tours are on brand new comfortable mini buses with large windows for picture taking. We can go where large buses can not. All calls are answered by the owners.
Sterling, Virginia
“Southern Style Tour of New Orleans is a Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015 NEW

We had a groupon for the New Orleans 3 hour tour, so I checked Tripadvisor as I always do and saw that everyone loved it. Our party of 5 loved it too. The trip was greatly enhanced by Greg, a New Orleans native, who was extremely accommodating to everyone. We really got an insiders look at the Quarter, the Garden district, the 9th ward devastated by Hurricane Katrina and much more. Very good value for money. Would highly recommend this tour. Melissa set this tour up for us ith Sothern Style and she was awesome.

Madison, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
“Good Time in New Orleans with Greg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015 NEW

My dad always starts a tour in a new city with tour. Even though I lived in New Orleans for a couple of years, it was a great way for my own family to get an overview of the city New Orleans really can't compare to any other city in the world when it comes to culture My husband and teen/tween enjoyed it. .Greg did not disappoint! I loved that he was able to pic us up at our hotel in the quarter. They honored the Groupon price for us without having to purchase through Groupon. Greg is a native of New Orleans and was able to give a personal account of the city's culture and history in an entertaining way. He is well aware of what most people want to hear about New Orleans and accurately described many of the traditions. They really do like ANY reason to party and have a good time, neighborhood bars are not uncommon, many of the native New Orleans go places other than the French Quarter to hear jazz etc.. It really was like riding down memory lane. We took two quick breaks, one at one of the infamous New Orleans raised cemeteries (not creepy like my children anticipated) and the other in City Park. The beingnets (french donuts) at the park were much better than Cafe Du Mon. My whole family loved it. I would highly recommend this tour.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great way to see a wonderful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

This was my first time to New Orleans and I only had one day of free time so I wanted to take a comprehensive tour that would hit the highlights. I really went back and forth on booking this tour after reading some of the reviews. I'm so glad that I went ahead and took the tour. I have to say that Darren was great- full of information, witty, engaging, and so patient about answering questions. The tour had a nice balance of historical, cultural, and current event (Katrina devastation) points of interest. Please know that you won't go into the 9th Ward but you will see levee breaches and areas that were decimated- it is so profoundly disturbing to see even now after ten years. The stop at the City Park is short and you may not have time to get beignets because the diner gets so busy. Go to Café Du Monde and enjoy the original beignets. Thanks again to Darren for making my short stay so memorable with an amazing tour. I would highly recommend this tour- great price, great people, and a great way to see a wonderful city.

Visited March 2015
“Had a great time! Informative and fun, well worth the living social deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015 via mobile

I booked this trip via living social for myself and some family members. I myself have been to NOLA and and pretty familiar. I was very impressed with the off the beaten trail that Darren took us on. I loved that the tour was unique and not the cookie cutter your many offer in the city. He took us to one of the more beautiful cemeteries in the City called Metairie (I think this is correct spelling). We saw some of the areas hit by Katrina. You do not go to the 9th Ward. We learned a lot about the culture and music. We also got to go close up to the Mississippi River and learned that the River in NOLA runs Upstream... Our tour guide knows the ins and outs of the city. He gives a lot of good tips and is very friendly and funny! Well worth the money!

You should know that you will be picked up at your hotel. Do not go to 201 St. Charles like we did... Oops.

Orleans, Ontario, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Greg ' s Tour Was Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Wow. I don't know where to begin (Tour price $45 or $22 with Groupon, time approx 3 hours & will pickup at your hotel in & around the French Quarter/if your hotel is far out, you can park at 501 Basin Street lot for $5=12 hours or $10=24 hours & will pick you up there. The lot is also WAY CHEAPER than most & within walking distance to French Quarter..walk towards gas station straight up St.Louis Street). I've taken many tours while travelling but would say this one was by far the best! Having a New Orleans native, Greg, doing the tour made everything that much more interesting because he added his own experiences to topics of discussion. Greg also told us about some NOLA traditions..like "Red Beans & Rice Mondays" in NOLA to accommodate the women's laundry schedule..& many other similar kinds of NOLA traditions that only a local would be able to share. I spent almost a week in New Orleans & wished that I did this tour FIRST before trying to navigate the city on my own. This gives you good history & an idea of where you would like to explore.
Drove through the French Quarter getting historical points from Greg as to how the Quarter was built. Then visited the ward that was completely devastated by Hurricane Katrina & witnessed the rebuilt homes, many paid for by Hollywood celebrities such as Brad Pitt. Saw the site of the levee breach with an explanation from Greg as to how the old levees were breached and the new, improved levees. Then onto St.Louis Cemetary #3 with all the above ground tombs like you see in the movies. Short pit stop at City Park for restroom/coffee & beignet break at Morning Call.
We ended the tour with a drive through high society NOLA seeing all the mansions on St. Charles Ave & a stop at Jackson Square. Nearby is the original Cafe du Mode (famous coffee & beignets), The Pepper Palace (whole store of hot sauces, spices & salsa etc) & Johnny's Po-boys (supposedly the best in New Orleans). Greg will drop you off where you prefer (within reason) at the end if the tour if you don't want to be dropped off at your hotel.
Overall, Greg was a super nice person with lots of historical knowledge and local insight into New Orleans and its traditions. He made restaurant recommendations & added humour to the tour which made for no dull moments. I highly recommend Greg ' s Tour, it was superb! You couldn't ask for any better. Thanks for the Southern Hospitality Greg!!!!