“Great tour! Very informative.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Style Tours

Southern Style Tours
201 St Charles Ave Suite 2500, New Orleans, LA 70170 (Central Business District)
+1 504-568-1998
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 243 Activities in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We do 3 hour City Tours twice daily. We run everyday rain or shine. Our tours are 9 am and 2 pm. We pick you up from downtown hotels and drop you back off. We cover all the popular tour spots and more. Tours are on brand new comfortable mini buses with large windows for picture taking. We can go where large buses can not. All calls are answered by the owners.
Mesa, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
“Great tour! Very informative.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015 NEW

I booked through Living Social and Amy was very helpful when I called to make our reservation. The van picked us up at our hotel which was convenient. After that we went around town picking up the other customers but Greg made the pre-tour ride interesting with bits of growing up in New Orleans info. One would assume that this was part of our tour time but that fortunately was not the case. Once all of the passengers were picked up, we had a another 3 hours of tour! Our hotel was in the French Quarter and had we not done the tour we felt it was a fun trip but we had no real desire to come back. Greg and the tour changed all of that. We learned so much about New Orleans...just wish we would have done the tour our first day there! There is definitely more we would have done while visiting. Thanks to Greg we didn't miss the Katrina exhibit or outdoor market on the riverfront as well as a few other parks and sights that he recommended. FYI for cruisers - We came off a cruise on Sunday and could have made it that afternoon but waited instead until Monday. You can make it as the cruise lines get you off the ship very early.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Bus Tour of New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015 NEW

Our driver Darren made this tour one to never forget. He hit many highlights of New Orleans: French Quarter, Congo Park, Lake Ponchartraine, cemetery, the Garden District, Warehouse district, and city park that included a stop at the Morning Call.

Darren provided a lot of background history of the sights and sounds of New Orleans, he was very friendly, knowledgeable, and funny. Our group of four really enjoyed the tour.

I would recommend this tour to those who have never been to New Orleans and what to get an overview of what the city has to offer. Also, those who have been before and never ventured too far from the French Quarter.

Springfield, Missouri
“NOLA Tour 1/04/15”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015 NEW

Booked this through Groupon and want given any impression it was an issue like some here. They were great to work with booking the tour (which was full our trip) and they were within the range of pickup time. Darren is not only funny but does a great job driving and talking and being a DJ to the NOLA music he plays. I could see at first why someone talking to him on the phone maybe or in person at first might be put off, but he comes across very strait forward in a New York kind of way. Nothing bad about it but you just get used to his personality quickly. There were four of us and all agreed this was the highlight of our pre-cruise activities in NOLA. Learned so many things that couldnt do on our own and because of the tour will come back and stay in other areas of NOLA in the future.

Rochester, MN
6 attraction reviews
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

I called to inquire if my boyfriend and I could make a reservation to take the city tour for the next day. The man on the phone was rude and said "I don't know." What do you mean you don't know? Then he says "can't you take a tour this afternoon?" I said no and he says "well, you are going to have to call back." I initially mentioned a Groupon and I have a feeling he did not want to deal with me because of the Groupon. Needless to say, I used a different (polite) tour company who knew if they had room on their tours to accommodate 2 people.

Yorktown, Indiana, United States
“great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Took the morning city tour with Darrin. It was a fantastic tour! Darrin was very informative with just the right amount of humor and music. We took a tour two years ago, and this was much better. He explained the history of the area and took the time to point out interesting places to visit and dine.