“A Wonderful Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Style Tours

Southern Style Tours
201 St Charles Ave Suite 2500, New Orleans, LA 70170 (Central Business District)
+1 504-568-1998
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 202 Activities in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We do 3 hour City Tours twice daily. We run everyday rain or shine. Our tours are 9 am and 2 pm. We pick you up from downtown hotels and drop you back off. We cover all the popular tour spots and more. Tours are on brand new comfortable mini buses with large windows for picture taking. We can go where large buses can not. All calls are answered by the owners.
“A Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014 NEW via mobile

Darren was an amazing guide.....first rate tour and an outstanding time. Well worth it. My family from Canada enjoyed every minute!! Thank you

Honolulu, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
“City tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014 NEW

A little expensive at $45/ per person but with groupon was $45 for 2 people. Picked up on time out the front of hotel by Greg on nice clean bus.( Other tourists not being ready put us behind schedule but karma got them later with a parking ticket) anyway Greg was awesome, he is a New Orleans native, city tour is his stand in job for Monday's, but he was very knowledgable of area and history, with 30 years as a bar tender he has some excellent little antidotes that you probably wouldn't get on regular tour. Anyway tour itself is pretty interesting hearing before and after hurricane Katrina, especially from someone who was there. You get to see brad and Angelina's make it right houses (some ridiculous designs Angie) as well as cemetery, and garden district. If your tired of drinking and eating its a great escape to see some more of New Orleans.

3 attraction reviews
“Tour New Orleans with a clever "cousin"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014 NEW

Our Three-Hour Tour of the City couldn't have been better! We don't have family in New Orleans, but love the city, the history, the music, the food and the amazing vibe. Our driver/guide Darren was well-versed in all those aspects of the city, tracing his own ancestry back over 100 years. He and the tour were informal, relaxed and expansive. If you're already in love the Crescent City, or just falling in love with her, you'll love her even more after this Southern Style City Tour.

London, Canada
“Incredible tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014 NEW via mobile

Our driver, Greg, usually drives a limo, but ended up with a limo bus and about twelve of us on board. He is a born and raised native of the city, and took us on an amazing trip down to the ninth ward, a large cemetery, City Park, the French Quarter and the Garden District. His blend of personal stories, local lore and humour made it a very worth while excursion. I'm sure all their drivers are great, but ask for Greg.

Crofton, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“So glad I did this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I am not a party person and had.a conference in NOLA. Since I'd never been there, I thought I would go a few days early to see the place. At first I didn't like it, but the longer I was there and the more I learned about this neat city, the more I liked it. One reason my appreciation grew was because of this City Tour. The guide, Davin, was a local person who made it through Katrina. He knew so much about the city and took us everywhere! On the list was the French Quarter, which really should be called the Spanish Quarter because the buildings are done in that style. We also saw the Garden District and went past some celebrity homes. He had stories about everything and pointed out places I would have never known about if I was just walking around or driving a rental car. We saw numerous TV and film crews shooting throughout the city. I even saw a celebrity or two! We also drove out to one of the levees that broke and saw the new pumping station. The guide drove us through a neighborhood that still had damaged houses. On one I could see where the people had to punch through the roof to avoid being drowned. It was very moving. We also went to the Meterie cemetery. I can't believe all we squeezed in on that tour! At the end, the guide offered to drop us where we wanted. I opted to get off at the market and walk back through Jackson Square. It was great!

Visited October 2014