We stayed in this hotel during the second weekend of Jazz Fest. Our party has been coming to Jazz Fest for almost ten years, and scours the web several months prior to the event searching for moderate priced hotels in the Central Business District. This was our first visit to the Baronne Plaza. First, the location is outstanding for those who want to be close to, but not sleeping with, the action in the Quarter. An easy five minute walk puts you in the heart of this activity. From a price standpoint, the hotel was easily the best price for comparable type lodging that we found. My room was clean, smelled fresh and, had a modern bathroom with a forceful shower with quick water heat up. The room was serviced promptly and thoroughly each day. It was not the largest, but, if one doesn't intend to spend a whole lot of time in the room other than sleep and shower, who cares? Our floor was very quiet, and I never heard a sound from any other room.
Our interactions with staff were pleasant and they seemed generally helpful, though one minor issue came when I asked to change a $100 bill and it could not be accomplished. This was unfortunate as the lobby ATM had a $3.50 fee. We asked for some directions one day which were accurate and delivered with a smile. Front desk personnel arranged for a cab to drive us to MSY the final morning, and the cab was out front of the hotel, right on time. The breakfast looked OK, but recommend, if you have time, you check out "Mothers" or "Daisy Duke's" for relatively close by home cooked type breakfasts. There is a good convenience store, "Brother's Chicken", one block down selling all kinds of drinks, snacks, etc., as well as some pretty decent take out fried chicken. There is a large Wallgreens also a block down. The hotel seemed to lack a bar, but in New Orleans I don't need to hang out in a hotel bar anyway.
Overall, a very good deal and, IMO, as good, or better, than any comparable place (price and amenities wises) I've stayed in New Orleans (ie: Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Queen and Crescent, Cotton Exchange, etc.). If we can get a similar price next year, we will likely choose this over other similar hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Groupon, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans