Our stay was otherwise pleasant but one of the staff members STOLE my wifi hotspot device. I accidentally left it to our room after the checkout and 30min after the checkout I noticed that I left it on the table next to my bed. When I returned to the hotel there was a maid already cleaning our room and she said that she has not seen my device. She was a bit nervous and few times she put her hand into her work uniforms pockets like she was hiding something there.
I tried to speak with the hotel staff about this but they just repeated what the maid said: there was nothing found from the room. Later on the same night was able to track from my Verizon page that someone is constantly trying to use my device.
After few days I took a screencap of the Verizon page as an evidence and sent an email to the hotel but they did not respond to that in any way. I was able to track from my server logs that someone from the hotel opened my screencap URL/link. I waited 5 days and the I sent email to Wyndham customer service. They also tried to contact hotel management. It took a week to get answer from them. They promised to refund 20 USD for me and I was not pleased because the price of the stolen device is over 100 USD. OK, it was my fault that I left it to our room after the checkout but the way how hotel handled this was not professional. They just said that it was my fault that I did not take care of my personal belongings. I believe that the stealing maid is still working for the hotel so please hide your valuables!
During the last 3 years I have road tripped more than 15 000 miles and I have stayed in over 100 different hotels. There has been some very shady hotels in the middle of nowhere and some of the hotels have located in not so friendly neighborhoods. This was the first time when hotel staff member stole something from me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans