“Good location, nice staff, dirty rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #98 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Good location, nice staff, dirty rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza while attending a convention in New Orleans. Location is good and the staff were nice; however, the rooms smelled like cigarettes and the room wasn't vacuum at least for two days. I should have complained about this but didn't have the time or the energy after three days of intense work.

Take this hotel as your option B.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but we will still pass along those noticeable shortcomings to our staff members.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is in a good location for getting to events and sites. The building, from the 1930's, has an art deco style interior, primarily limited to the lobby. The only saving grace was the hotel staff were all friendly, well trained, professional and helpful. Terri and the others at the front desk were all terrific. We were disappointed at the room, though; a king. We had no idea the rooms were interior.. That is, the warren of rooms around the indoor courtyard had a view from the window only onto another set of rooms' windows. It seemed there was no fresh air to be found on the third floor! The small room was well appointed with a closet, desk, upholstered bench, and nice marble in the bath. But it smelled stale and had been sprayed with enough room deodorizer to really annoy the senses; the smell took over a day to fade slightly. We just felt the chemically "fresh" scent was covering a musty smell, both of which were annoying. I should have researched more carefully before booking! The outer rooms, facing the street, may be better, but I felt very boxed in and surrounded by a stale environment in this room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

Most of our guests have a positive experience and we again, apologize if yours was not. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.
White Rock, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Beware that the king bed rooms, from what Front Desk told me, are inside rooms with small windows that face in. If you are a bit claustrophobic like me you will want the double bed rooms where the windows will be a bit larger and face the street . We found that the window treatments in our king bed room needed to be drawn because I always felt people were looking in as they walked by so I went to the Front Desk to request a double bed room. Unfortunately, because there was a big convention in town and because of Halloween, they were fully booked but they were able to come up with a solution that was suitable to us. In fact any time we had a question or request Front Desk always answered it politely and with a smile! The rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable, and the location was great . Only a couple of blocks away from the main attraction. Would I stay there again? Yes I would but only if I don't pay full price and I would ask for double bed rooms!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the constructive feedback! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Wyndham Baronne was absolutely perfect for our Voodoofest weekend. Primarily, location was excellent - just a hop from French Quarter and Canal st. Rooms were clean, but a bit musty and old. Service was EXCELLENT the entire 5 days. Tammy was the best!!! Wasn't loud like everyone else complained about. Air conditioning was fantastic. Cafe downstairs is 24 hours and staffed with fun people. Desk employees were delightful. I will stay here again when in Nola.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having lived in New Orleans while in school I have always found that it is best to stay outside the French Quarter when visiting. The Wyndham has a great location in the Central Business District within a quick walk to the French Quarter and many great restaurants. Upon arrival I checked into my room which I found to be very spacious - I was given a handicap accessible room. I didn't mind the spaciousness of the room, however as a person who is not handicapped I found the bathroom and shower area very inconvenient. The room was very quiet despite having a window on the street side. I was very pleased that there was a small refridgerator in the room which I made full use of. I used the fitness center one morning and found it small but absolutely fine for my purposes - work up a little sweat before indulging in more delicious food. I didn't try the 24 hour diner in the hotel, however I did peruse the menu and it looked like it would probably be good at 2:30 in the morning - I feel asleep quickly full of the flavors of New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza? Share your experiences!