When it comes to New Orleans, I am very picky about location. With as many choices as there are, it is possible to place yourself exactly where you need to be. On my most recent trip, being in the Central Business District (CBD) was ideal, and Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza worked for me. Nicely renovated Art Deco (I was told it was a Sears built in the 20’s), this building is nestled into a corner with a garage underneath (it’s a bit tight to get in, but you can self-park at $20). Not wanting to be in the French Quarter, this location was perfect: a block to Canal Street (where you can fetch a streetcar at the corner) and Bourbon Street is on the other side of Canal; a block from the St Charles streetcar line, which takes you through the CBD to the Garden District and Uptown; and right around the corner is the Roosevelt Hotel which is a must-see. There is a morning café and a retro-style 24-hour diner in the Wyndham (I didn’t try either), and John Besh has a great Italian restaurant (Domenica) in the Roosevelt Hotel, 2 minutes away. A beautiful historic church is across the street from Roosevelt, and you can hear the Westminster Chimes during the day, which I loved. The room was large, wi-fi was free, so nice to have a mini-frig, and the bed was very comfortable! During our stay, they were renovating the fitness facility, so that should be a nice addition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Groupon, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans