“very good services,the employee was very helpful. the...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #96 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

All was in order and the room was excellent. My wife and I are celebrating our 20th. Also JC and front desk associates were attentive to our requests. We would certainly do it again. We enjoyed the eaters from Luke's to Gumbo's & even to Rousers Grocery to pickup the ingredients to make Jambalaya & fine wine located in the French Quarter. We experienced Cray fish bisque soup and a Zackarack not a Hurricane but stronger cocktail. So till next year for the turtle soup at the captain commander's in the garden district. The local Praline Cookies were great. As for the Taxi's trust the front desk staff.

Room Tip: ask for honey moon suite with jetted tub. worth the extra $$ per day
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love this hotel, you cant beat the quality for the price your paying in downtown new orleans. This hotel is close to everyting, staff was friendly, restaurant inside was GREAT!! and opened 24hrs. Rooms are completely renevated and I saw no signs of age. I gathered the family and I booked 7 rooms at this hotel June 22-26, 2013 (we all stayed on the 3rd floor) and my only issue and huge issue was that on tuesday morning the 25th a lil after 9am I was awaken by guns shots and a guy yelling for help in the room right next to me because he was shot multiple times and bleeding everywhere. I was moved to another room on the 3rd floor. The next night everytime I tried dosing off I kept hearing those gun shots all over again and kept visualising a bloody guy with bullet holes on his body. A incident like this really does seem unusual for a hotel of this caliber. Wyndham simply moved my room to another location and I honestly felt this wasnt enough. We all could have been shot by a stray bullet and I expected wyndam to do more... I would expect this sort of treatment at a motel 6 or days inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but do apologize for the incident your encountered during your stay. Obviously you were shaken by the incident as was our staff members, but these incidents are not common at our property nor at any other Wyndham hotel. We take security issues very seriously, but it should be noted that it is not always possible for hotels to monitor their guests activity once a guest enters their guestroom or exits the property.

Again, we understand it was an unfortunate incident for all those who witnessed it, but please rest assure we took immediate action to isolate the incident and cooperated with local authorities, thus those involved were apprehended within a very quick timeframe.
BR, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I'm not sure how this hotel has so many good reviews. The location is meh, the property is dated, and our room smelled gross. If you like sleeping in a cave with no access to the outside, I guess this place is for you, because the only window in our room (and most others) was to the hall on the inside! And since we were right by the elevator, our curtains opened to reveal waiting strangers. But the biggest reason I came here to review it is because we were denied a refund. I'm pretty sure the only reason we got our $30 parking fee back is because they never parked our car. We left anyway and went to the Holiday Inn French Quarter, where we were upgraded to a suite for free.The staff at the Wyndham were friendly, I will give them that, but refusing a refund because we booked through a third party is unacceptable. We will be making some phone calls and hopefully I can update this review with good news.

Room Tip: Most rooms do not have outside windows!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business. Most of our guests have a positive experience. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza? Share your experiences!