“Wonderful time, great staff and nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Baronne Street, New Orleans, LA 70112   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #93 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Nazareth, PA
“Wonderful time, great staff and nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel was everything we thought it would be and actually more because of the fantastic staff. We stayed here for a week and had a small problem the 2nd day we were here. We brought it to the manager's attention and he went more then out of his way to make us happy and actually moved us to a suite for the rest of our stay with no charge. Problem was handled fast and professionally and that is the ONLY negative (if you call it that), that we had. The hotel is clean and quite nice for the price I paid. It's close to almost everything and as I said, that staff is wonderful including housekeeping. I can't say enough about how they made our stay great. Beds are very comfortable and the only drawback I can see is if you are claustrophobic as most rooms have no window to the outside, You can, however get one of those for a nominal cost. Thanks to all at the Wyndham. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. It makes all the difference.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lets start with the great. Thank you to Alicia and Michael, both have given great service. I called to see how much it will cost total with the hold of incidentals. Michael was great with assisting me with the actual before my check-in. When my girlfriend and I arrived the location and hotel was great. The point of directions and things to do in the city was just on the one. Everything I wanted to know and do was answered.

Far as another Hotel Manager point of view and not just as a guest. After getting the actual total from the hotel directly it was great. I made sure that I used my credit card because I know how things can be run sometimes just for a little more than what is due. I called and spoke with a young lady and asked how much was a hold for incidentals and was told $25 for the entire stay; witch made me ensure that amount was just enough on my credit card (564.80 total for room and then $25 for extras). I had received a call on the 28th of May and was informed that my card wasn’t getting the auth. for the total. I know it was sold out however my card was just the card to hold the reservation. I understood if I was a no show but not for the entire amount plus of what I knew I had the amount of $590. I then called my bank but doing so looked online and seen an auth. for $250 witch the no show if so was only 158.60. (Everything I am speaking of is all in the changes on my reservation itself since I used Opera PMS for 4yrs). I found that could’ve been a problem if I would’ve had more than what was told to me or if I would have changed a method of payment. However, checked in at 10pm and the agent needed some assistance with finding me the room type (King) after telling them I would arrive later that evening. I then get a handicap King. I walked in the room and everything looks great even with the handicap room just to pull my sheets back with hair. I always check the bed(s) in major cities for BB but to see hair that isn’t ours. AC unit would not go in auto so the AC would run the entire night; then to keep getting up to turn on and off when It got cold or hot. Room had a smell as if we were close to the pool; I reported all my issues the night before and was very respectful and calm. I hate to complain but after asking for a comment card in-house they told me to write it on trip advisor. All I am asking is to fix these issues for the next guest.

Keith J.
Rm (315) May 31-June 4

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but apologize for the some of the issues you encountered before and during your stay with us. Our hotel does preauthorize guests credit cards before arrival to insure they are valid, but it appears yours was preauthorized a higher amount than usual so we do apologize about that. In addition, we will also forward your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance department for the above mentioned issues.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

So, to be fair, this hotel is not a Trump Towers perfect experience. BUT... the staff working here are surely the very best of the best and the couple of issues I didn't care for were MORE than made up for by their incredible character.

Alicia was very comfortable to discuss local interests worth visiting outside of just seeing the main New Orleans attractions.

Kelli was incredibly friendly and shared great points on the background of the hotel as well as the art displayed in-house.

Randy was very proactive on analyzing my final bill and catching a mistake -before- it ever reached my hands and ensuring a mistake made was very proactively handled.

And Elysia was incredibly helpful and encouraging on ensuring that I was fully satisfied with my stay.

What an absolutely amazing team. I couldn't be happier that I stayed here.

Things I would have liked to see done better include stronger wireless coverage since it's an older building that really cuts out my regular cellular coverage and, oddly, many of the knobs in the bathroom were loose or crooked.

While these criticisms are probably not unique, they should be weighed against all things and, truly, the service here is just fantastic. I will definitely stay here and here alone whenever I need a place in New Orleans.

Thank you Wyndham staff. You are absolutely top-notch!

Mark Smith

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Milton,Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Thank you Alicia and Terri for making our stay happy...No complaint....But a microwave and frig. would be a nice addition to the rooms,And
$20.00 a day for parking WOW.Hotel is very nice on the eyes and well located

Room Tip: Cafe next door not very helpful..waited 20 min for someone to wait on us...Only 4 customers in the p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Longwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Very nice hotel and room. Was not happy with the service from the ladies at the small food cafeteria. Very unfriendly!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but we will still pass along this noticeable shortcoming to our management team. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Let's start with the bright side: staff was nice and very helpful. Also, parking is still expensive but a bit less overpriced than in most other hotels in the area. However, your savings on parking will only be about $5/night, i.e. nothing compared to the overall price of a room.
Location is good, close to Bourbon St.

Now, there are a few reasons why I would probably not go back. It seems most rooms only have a window giving on the inside of the building. If you are lucky, the window will open on the relatively bright main atrium. If you aren't, which was my case, you get a window opening on a dark corridor. And you spend your whole stay in the dark. As a matter of fact, since people are passing in that corridor, you can't even keep the curtains open!
Added to that, bedroom was small (the bed was touching the curtains) and 2 travel bags in the room made it impraticable.
There is no lift to the parking and, even worse, it seems the day we were there one of the lift was malfunctioning, making very scary stops and noises. But it remained that way all day, no 'out of order' sign was posted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business.

Most of our guests have a positive experience and we again, apologize if yours was not. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza? Share your experiences!