Let's start with the bright side: staff was nice and very helpful. Also, parking is still expensive but a bit less overpriced than in most other hotels in the area. However, your savings on parking will only be about $5/night, i.e. nothing compared to the overall price of a room.
Location is good, close to Bourbon St.
Now, there are a few reasons why I would probably not go back. It seems most rooms only have a window giving on the inside of the building. If you are lucky, the window will open on the relatively bright main atrium. If you aren't, which was my case, you get a window opening on a dark corridor. And you spend your whole stay in the dark. As a matter of fact, since people are passing in that corridor, you can't even keep the curtains open!
Added to that, bedroom was small (the bed was touching the curtains) and 2 travel bags in the room made it impraticable.
There is no lift to the parking and, even worse, it seems the day we were there one of the lift was malfunctioning, making very scary stops and noises. But it remained that way all day, no 'out of order' sign was posted.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans
- Baronne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Amex, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.