This hotel is only blocks from the French Quarter, so if you are going on vacation and can't get a room in the Quarter, or it's too expensive, try this one. I stayed here on business, and it's important to know it has very limited services. There are no newspapers, no food, drinks, etc. They do have a small coffee shop in the lobby in the morning where they have prepackaged muffins. The workout room has VERY old equipment that is in marginal working condition. I opted to go for a walk outside.
There is a walgreens and CVS within a block, so you can get what you need - just not in the hotel. The staff was friendly and the rooms fairly clean but old. The price was good, as was the location, so I would recommend.
Two tips: don't bring a car - expensive parking. Also, ask not to have an "inside" room - many of their rooms don't have a window to outside - the window looks out at the inside of the hotel. I find this really stifling and didn't know to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Reservation Counter and Venere so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans