My husband and I just returned from four nights at this hotel. The staff was friendly but the rooms are horrible! Way overpriced! The first room they assigned for us smelled so horrible it made us both feel sick. In addition when I pulled the covers on the bed back, as I check the bed as soon as I get into a room, there were several long black hairs on the sheets and stains on the sheets as well. My husband went down to the desk and they did change our room. The second room was like a cave, no outdoor windows, small, stucco walls, nothing like what the website showed! It was very depressing actually. It was clean, at least. Had to call maintenance in that first night because our drain wouldn't drain in the sink and it had a foul odor coming up from the drain. The phone cord that connected into the phone was broken and fell out when you tried to use it, the water wouldn't get hot for a shower....we learned that it was probably because our neighbor just took a shower and left us with Luke warm water...if that. It did get hot a little later and we just made sure we didn't take a shower when he did. The maint man was very nice and helpful, but they need to check their rooms better before they put guests into them. The walls are so ridiculously thin it sounded as if our neighbor was in our room with us. We reserved a taxi to leave out to the airport to catch an early flight the night before at the front desk and that was useless...the taxi system in this town is a joke! No fault of the hotel. We got a taxi about forty five minutes after we requested, making us later than we should have been for the airport. Again, the staff was cordial, it's the hotel itself that was the problem. No microwave, no refrigerator in the room. One nice thing was the little restaurant off of the hotel lobby was a plus! The staff was very nice and the food was good! Especially breakfast. It was reasonably priced and very convenient.
Location: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites
Ranked #97 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza 3*
Number of rooms: 170
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Groupon, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans