I guess I expected a bit more. Service desk employees were always helpful and polite. But pulling up to the building, there's a huge broken window on the lower street level that they've "bandaged" up with a brown box and tape. There's no kitchen or food available in house except for a "makeshift Starbucks counter" which is hardly that. We ordered in twice from a local pizzeria. The beds are very comfortable - which was the one thing that really kept us there. This hotel is across from Canal so you're close to but NOT "in" the actual French Quarter. Could be a plus since it was the weekend before Halloween and it was quieter there. Much quieter than on Bourbon Street. And it was a nice walk to and from the heart of the Quarter so you get a little exercise every day. For the rate, especially during the week, it's worth the price of the bed and a good night's sleep -- but with so many prettier hotels around (and in less cavernous, dark, run-down areas) I would look elsewhere before staying here again. At least until they fix their broken window eyesore downstairs and get a working kitchen back in place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Groupon, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans