“Great location and price was nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #83 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great location and price was nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights the week of Halloween. Since I booked on Priceline, I didn't have the option to select two double beds, although I needed them since there were 3 people in my party. I immediately called the hotel, and they did their best to accomodate me. The first night we had a King bed, and we were moved to a room with two full (not double) beds the very next day. Choose the room with two beds, because it is much bigger! Also, according to the front desk clerk, 90% of double rooms have exterior windows, as ours did. The ATM in the lobby dispenses only up to $200, at a charge of $3.95. There is a "Starbucks" onsite, but there is no menu and the coffee is not really the same as a regular Starbucks. No fridge or microwave or pool - very no frills. But the toiletries are Bath & Body Works, and the beds are awesome. The TV is large and there are many channels. Nice bar area and plenty of storage draws and a nice bench, desk and closet. The bathroom in the double is large, but in the single it is tiny with the sink on the outside - very inconvenient. The location rocks - close to the streetcar, magazine bus, french quarter. Get a day pass for only $3.00 which you can use interchangeably on the bus and streetcar. Go to Domenica one block away for awesome food.

My high score is for housekeeping. We had several incidents in our room that required major clean-up. No one made us feel embarassed about this, and when we came back to our room, it was like brand new. Thank you for that! Also, check out was smooth and quick, which was good because we had an early flight. The cab is cheaper than the shuttle if you have 3 or more people. The shuttle must be booked 24 hours in advance of leaving.

Room Tip: Choose a room with double beds so you get a bigger room with exterior windows.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful constructive review. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to our hotel staff. Just a side note, our hotel does not have a "Starbucks" onsite, but we do serve Starbucks coffee (as well as a few au lait cart items) in the hotel's cafe. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

971 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel staff was very nice and very helpful, they recommended several places to eat and a tour to take which were also excellent. The room was very clean and all the staff were very nice.
One of the best prices in town! The rooms are not suites but large enough to have a great stay.

Room Tip: If we were looking for a large to suite size room I would expect to pay twice what I payed
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked this on priceline from their bidding service so I had no idea I was going to be here until after I paid.....I never plan to do this again. The hotel isn't terrible, and I'm no stuck up 5 star snob, but I have a few issues. The first night by bathroom developed a terrible sewer smell, that after reading other peoples reviews, I find is a common problem. I have a room that faces the inside, and since I was here for a convention, didn't bother me since I only slept here. But after I discovered the sewer smell, I tired to call the front desk, but the phone in my room didn't work. As I sat on my "clean" bed, i noticed some dark stains on the sheets (where I hadn't touched) as well as some hair that wasn't mine. I called the hotel from my cell phone and they moved me to another room 2 doors down. This was ok, but some of the furniture, drawers and closet doors are broken. After my 2nd night (and as I write this now), the bad smell in the bathroom is coming back - I'd move again but Im checking out in the morning. There is not restaurant here, but walking distance to the French Quarter is really close so not an issue. My only other issue is the wifi is free, but not very speedy. Overall, not bad, but I wouldn't stay here on a vacation, and I would certainly get an outside facing room (but due to the location, I can't imagine there is much to look at). I only bid $95/night when the other hotels near the convention center were going for twice the price, so I guess lesson here is you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't book an interior room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Deat Medic702,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear your stay was not 100% satisfactory. We would like to research this issue further, so if you can contact us at wyndhamgarden@baronneplaza.com and give us your room number and reservation dates, we would greatly appreciate it.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Please contact us at (504) 522-0083 or wyndhamgarden@baronneplaza.com if you have any further questions or comments.
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This historic property just one block off Canal Street offers all the amenities of the larger chains--but at less than half the price. We had a two-room suite with jacuzzi tub--$116 per night plus taxes. Nice linens--great beds. Wyndham is winning us over!

Room Tip: Arrive early, ask for discount and upgrade. Management and staff are very accommodating. Thanks fo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to our entire staff. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Templeton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I checked into this hotel October 19 under a Priceline booking and was given a typical interior room with no outside windows. That's right folks, this is a converted Sears Department store and most of the rooms are on the inside of the building and only have one window that opens onto the corridor around an open atrium. Really a funky set up. For some reason, I closed the bathroom door before going to bed, and when I opened it in the morning I was greeted with a horrible nauseating stench of sewer gas coming out of the toilet,which apparently has some defective air pressure flush system. I called the front desk and insisted on being moved to a new room. I was first told that the hotel was full and they had no other rooms, but after speaking to the manager, he came up, apolgized, and escorted me to an exterior room with outside windows, with a toilet that had no bad smell. I spoke to one other guest who complained about the stench from coming from their toilet. It's a good thing that they moved me or I would have complained to the New rleans Health Department. My advise is to insist on an outside room with windows, or live with claustrophobia in your sealed-up room. Also, there is no restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Smell the bathroom first. Try to get an exterior room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear countydufus,

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza? Share your experiences!