We stayed here for Mardi Gras 2011. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The parking was a bit of a problem. We got there before check in time and were told there was no parking available. We had to park on the street and come back to move the car to the garage. After that, everything went ok. The hotel is not inexpensive, even tho it's not in the French Quarter. It's across Canal street from the quarter. That only became a problem on Mardi Gras day because the parades go down Canal street and you have to go way down Canal to Rampart if you want to cross and go to the quarter. I prefer the activities in the quarter on Mardi Gras day. There is a really good costume event/contest near the gay area, around St. Anne street. There is also the impromptu Krewe of St. Anne parade that snakes thru the quarter. No floats, just lots of crazy costumes. Skip the parades on Canal and do the Quarter scene.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Groupon, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans