“Great for the Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter

Save Saved
You added Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter to your Saves list
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   541 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel - Inn on Bourbon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #86 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a one night stay and for $141.50 on the French Quarter, it was great. We arrived early and they were very accommodating from the beginning. The lady at valet parking was extremely professional, I wish I could remember her name, and Larry handled our bags well and gave us some helpful hints quickly about the property and the city. Aaron at the front desk was so helpful, polite and kind, he really made us feel that we were valuable SPG members. Out to the city and upon our return we had dinner at the Opera Cafe on the hotel's lobby. We had some Abita beer courtesy of Aaron and the management, thank you guys. Abita is the local brew and you must try them all. The bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned and the maids had too much conversation going on the hallways way too early for my liking. Check out time and again Larry was kind enough to hold on to our luggage while we had a wonderful breakfast at the Opera Cafe served by Renee who made us fee right at home. I'm looking forward to go back.

Room Tip: The top floor don't have a balcony or the greatest view but you can get them at a good discount.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Bellingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've stayed at this property when it was Inn on Bourbon but this was my first stay here since it has become a Sheraton property. We checked in at 330 pm and were told that they didn't have our room available. I worked in the travel industry for about 15 years and I know that that can happen on occasion even in the best run properties.

We had been traveling for 14 hours so we took our bags with us to the bar for a drink. After an hour, the front desk told me that they still did not have a room ready. When I asked what time they thought a room would be ready, I was told "I dont know. The hotel is full". Well, thats not really an answer. So I told them that I would wait and stayed at the counter. They seemed to shuffle things around and sent us to a small inside room. I had confirmed a balcony room so I called down to the front desk and again I was told that the hotel was full. Considering that I had booked and paid for this accommodation over 5 months in advance, my room type should have been guaranteed. I had to speak to the manager before we were moved into a courtyard balcony room. I was happy with the room (didnt have a mini fridge) and it was very clean but thats really an exhausting way to start a vacation.

Three days later we were blasted awake by the most ungodly jack hammering noise from the adjoining room at 830am. Besides being horrendously loud, the wall, TV stand, pictures were shaking like it was an earthquake. There were womens voices yelling and laughing over the carpentry noise as well. I went to the room next door and found a team of carpenters and hotel staff who were tearing out and installing moulding to the studs of the shared wall with a pneumatic screwdriver. I asked if this work had to be done at 830 in the morning and was told that they couldn't stop remodeling because they had to make over the room for a 10 am photo shoot. Seriously? Besides the obvious lack of customer consideration, I am concerned when there appears to be bait-and-switch marketing practices. Again, I had to ask to speak to the manager who was very apologetic and the noise did stop until 11 am.

I don't know if this place suffers from poorly organized management or if this is the Sheraton level of customer care but considering the inventory in the FQ, I wont take my chances here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chelsie_Wick, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear OneTrippyHippy,

We are sorry to hear about your rough start to your vacation. Please accept our apologies for not having your room ready at arrival. Thank you for your understanding throughout this process, and we are glad that a manager was able to eventually find you a suitable room.

We would also like to apologize for the early morning noises from our construction. We understand the importance of peace and quiet while traveling, and we will be sure to quickly respond to a request like this in the future.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Hotel is tired and the rooms need renovation also the Front Desk Staff needs further training in Customer Service anything asked of them was treated without much of a smile or enthusiasm. The guy behind the bar was an exception great fun but why the bar closed at 11pm is beyond me.
However its Location Location and thats why you go to New Orleans right bang in the Middle of the action just make sure you have a Burbon Street Balcony though this costs an extra $100 a night (bit of a rip off in my eyes).
This was our first time to New Orleans and we will come back and maybe stay here but would first check other accommodation.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd or 3rd floor Balcony room looking over Bourbon street, but be prepared to pay an extra $10...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Now I have been coming to New Orleans for YEARS and I've been a huge fan of this hotel through several name changes!

This hotel is great, the staff is excellent and the management is ok too! This hotel handles thousands of guests and does it with a smile! I have stayed at this hotel so many times I know a lot of the staff by name! Ms Shemeka, Ms Jodi, Mr Jonathan(front desk/guest services), Mr Brandon, Mr Shaun(guests services), Ms Qwandra(house keeping). All just excellent employees! These folks are the reason I keep coming back! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel for your next stay (that is if you can get in...always crowded during big events).

• Stayed January 2013
Chelsie_Wick, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear GoergeToti-Williams,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and fan of ours here at Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter. We love to hear that you always receive great service from our staff members. We are happy to have you and appreciate your kind words.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel has some of the best beds and pillows which added up for a good nights sleep; however, the noise on Bourbon Street can go on into the wee hours if you happen to stay in a room facing Bourbon. Great hotel choice, get an inside room for less noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear t_brou,

We are happy that you enjoyed a great night’s sleep in our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed. Since our hotel is located on Bourbon Street, there are outdoor noises that guests may hear throughout the night. Thank you for your understanding and guest recommendation.
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

In the heart of the French Quarter, this hotel and the staff were the oasis that we returned to after hanging out in NOLA. Always retuned tired, hot and dusty from our fun, the staff and accommodations were like a long cool drink of water. Courteous, clean, calm, comfortable and accommodating are what i'll remember about every aspect of our stay here. From the front desk and restaurant staff, to the pool area, room, and balcony overlooking the pool, a great place to stay when in wonderful old NOLA.

Room Tip: If you want the excitement of Bourbon St (until all hours!), get a balcony overlooking it. If you wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Pros: The location of this hotel, right on Bourbon street is fantastic. We had rooms on the Toulouse side, so noise wasn't a huge problem. It was great to be able to stroll and then quickly pop into the room to drop shopping off or to change clothes. The front desk staff were very friendly. The courtyard/pool area was inviting and a nice refuge from the pandamonioum on the street.
Cons: Our party of 7 people (4 rooms) all paid the same price and booked thru the same travel service. The other 3 rooms all received rooms with balconies. We didn't. We ended up on the top floor, in a room with 1 TINY dormer window. We referred to our room as "Anne Frank's Annex", as it was dark, small and pretty dirty. I know these rooms take a beating, but that is no reason for housekeeping to be so poor. We checked in on Thursday afternoon. While unpacking, my roommate noticed drops of blood on her one pillow case and on her sheet. We called the front desk and someone from housekeeping came up and changed her bed. On Friday morning (7:30am), my roommate and I left our room (we did not leave a do not disturb on the door) for a tour. When we arrived back at the hotel, around 3pm - the room had still not been serviced. My roommate went out in the hall, where there were 3 women from housekeeping taking care of other rooms. Not one of them had our room (in the middle of the hall) on their list. We went downstairs. The front desk were, again, very nice, and said they would have someone up immediately. We then told them to wait half an hour while we cleaned ourselves up to go out (we were not inclined to waste more of our vacation time waiting for housekeeping). When we came back later, all that had been done was the beds made and new towels. No new cups. No vacuuming. The next day, they actually made it to our room, but again, no new plastic cups. No vacuuming. By the third day, we tried to ask the housekeeping staff on the floor to vacuum - of course, they apparently weren't able to understand English or our miming of a vacuuming motion. Luckily, we had a friend with us at the moment who spoke Spanish and he translated. Boy, were they surprised. Let me sum up housekeeping like this - I brought a new little pair of house slippers to wear in the room. Brand new. I threw them out, rather than bringing home because the bottoms were really dirty from the carpet.
There was also a false fire alarm at about 6 am one morning - they couldn't figure out how to shut it off until about 8am - They completely disrupted everyones sleep and offered nothing.
Would I stay here again - maybe, if nothing else was available. Absolutely would not stay on the top floor and I'd stay on top of housekeeping. This place is good if you want to party and won't spend any time in your room.

Room Tip: Stay on the Toulouse side and do not stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kimki2,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient French Quarter location, as well as our friendly staff and pleasant courtyard/pool area.

Please accept our apologies for the housekeeping during your stay. Finding blood on your pillow is not acceptable, but I am happy to hear that this was taken care of for you. We will make sure to let housekeeping know about the condition of your room, and the standards we expect each day when cleaning.

Been to Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter? Share your experiences!