“OK for a business trip but would be great for a Bourbon Street fan” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter

Save Saved
You added Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter to your Saves list
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   541 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel - Inn on Bourbon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #86 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
The South
“OK for a business trip but would be great for a Bourbon Street fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

A colleague chose the this hotel for a work trip after other hotels were booked for conventions. Normally I would steer clear of Bourbon street even if I was here for a personal trip. And since it wasn't my call I was leery of what my 2 night stay would bring.

The front desk tried to be very accommodating when I asked for a quiet room by giving me a room on the side street vs directly on Bourbon and then offering me to stop at the desk if the first night was too loud for my comfort. Thankfully I slept well the first night and didn't need to change.

The beds are comfortable but the room is a bit dated. Not horribly so but a freshening up would be nice. Bathrooms are quite small with no hooks, shelves etc to store things. I can see how that would be difficult for a couple sharing the space. The AC also has one temp (arctic) and I couldn't set it at 76-ish even though it seemed it was working. I did turn off the unit and was able to sleep fairly comfortably despite this.

For work I'd give this a 3.5 but for a person looking to enjoy the French Quarter I'd go closer to 4.5 for overall cleanliness, a pool and courtyard and being directly on Bourbon.

Room Tip: There are interior courtyard rooms is noise is an issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Ming1145,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your guest room on the Toulouse side of the hotel and that you enjoyed the comfort of the bed. Please rest assured we are currently working on updating the hotel by acquiring new bedspreads, furniture, and other objects. We hope to see you return to visit us the next time you are in New Orleans for pleasure.

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Bottom line: would come back at a value rate when I want to spend most of my time exploring the cool shops, sights and restaurants of the French Quarter. This property was taken over by Sheraton about a year ago.Background: It was once an Opera House, and eventually a cheap hotel chain. A few years ago. Sheraton bought it, and redid it as best as possible for a mid-priced chain in an historically restriced building. Comfy beds, good tv, free wifi, coffee in rooms, nice bathrooms.My fifth floor room was quiet. It has a really nice courtyard pool and garden. The staff is great. An oasis from the chaos of Bourbon Street, but not at the fancy price of the up-upscales. Felt safe at all times. Good, helpful concierge and bellmen. Hotel style restaurant, good for on the go, though they are competing with some of the finest in the world right outside their doors. Location upside: right in the center of the Quarter. Location downside: Bourbon Street right outside the door. So it comes down to your tolerance for the audio and visual of Bourbon Street. Can you tolerate walking past the party scene just a block or so to the very fine antique shops, restaurants and museums? There are also times (like Mardi Gras or a special occasion) when that may be the only place you WANT to be.

Room Tip: Top floors are quiet if that's what you need.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chicago55Chicago.

Thank you for your review. You are correct, Four Points by Sheraton did take over this particular hotel about a year ago. We are currently going through the process of a renovation, which includes getting new bedspreads and furniture, painting, and other upgrades throughout the property. We appreciate the kind words you had about our hotel and we hope to see you back the next time you decide to come back and visit the French Quarter sights and sounds.
Katonah, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am a fan of the Four Points chain, and this hotel did not disappoint. Check in was easy, staff was friendly and eager to help (not always a given in N.O.) and the hotel was clean and quiet. That last point is no small thing when you are in the middle of a tourist neighborhood that prides itself on going all night.

The quality of the food and beverage available in the hotel is what you'd expect at a Four Points - reasonably priced, reasonably fresh, and more variety than what you'd find at similarly priced hotels. I also like the comfort and furnishings of the dining area and the common areas in general.

Two quibbles - I was paying JazzFest rates, so it wasn't exactly a bargain, but that goes with the territory. Secondly, service in the breakfast area could be a little slow, but never terrible.

Without question I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms either have a street exposure or atrium. I prefer street because of the light. Street noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Stephen P,

We are so glad that we were able to keep up with your Four Points by Sheraton standards. It is wonderful to hear from a fellow Four Points fan, and we are so glad you were able to stay with us. We hope you return again soon!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a Loyal SPG Gold Member and traveled from April,15 2013 to April 18, 2013. The so called concierge at this hotel is useless. My family and I wanted to explore the city beings it was our first trip to New Orleans and probably our last. We wanted to do a swamp tour and wanted to do an airboat tour (my son was all excited after seeing a tour on the travel channel). i went to the concierge to see about the tour and she refused to help us book it. my first thought was isn't that was concierge is supposed to do? so i left the hotel in anger only to find out at a tour info center that the desk was run by Cajun Encounters and that is why they refused to help me book an airboat tour.I dont understand why the hotel would put a solitary tour company as a concierge. Needless to say i went on my airboat tour and had a blast. The hotel is garbage and has useless staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Harold D,

We apologize about the problems that you had with our concierge. Unfortunately we are not able to book this particular tour for our guests due to some prior legal troubles that the Cajun Encounters team experienced. It is a liability for us to be connected, so we therefore just provide guests with the necessary information needed. We hope you understand, and we again we are very sorry about the inconvenience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Check-in process was a nightmare. Staff has attitude like this dump is a 5 star boutique hotel & they all graduated from Harvard. (Especially Alex & Nikkie at front desk) They treat customers like they are a bother. It's a great location but that is the only advantage to staying at this hotel. It's was amazing, everyone else's room was ready but mine. I guess a doctor in $300 jeans & flip-flops isn't as good as a 30k millionaire in a cheap suit. A

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Runnin26,

We deeply apologize for the problems that you experienced while checking in and staying at Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter. Please rest assured that we will be speaking with our front desk staff to ensure that no customer is treated with an attitude. Again, we are so sorry for the inconvenience.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

In the midst of Jazzfest with 100's of drunk guys begging for 100's of drunk women to take their tops off - I slept like a baby. If you love the French Quarter but do not want to deal with noise of bourbon street simply ask for a quiet room. Then you have a lovely hotel - good bed and the best of quarter in walking distance.

PS Skip the restaurant and do not believe the concierge. She told me court of two sisters was sold out and it was a 10 minute wait.

Room Tip: Loved my room 419 any on that side of hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Jordan M,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are very happy your experience here with us exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.
Hypoluxo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I grew up in the New Orleans area and remember this hotel way back when it was The Landmark. It's in the heart of the French Quarter so there is no way you could find a hotel that is better located. But there were some other good things...and a few not so good. The bed and bedding were very comfortable with crisp white sheets and fluffy pillows. We were on the inside so there was no noise problems at all. Some minor details were overlooked in bathroom. The ceiling around the light fixture in the bathroom was not completely covered with paint. And the trim rings around the handicapped rail in the shower were not installed properly. The one major issue we had was rather expensive parking fee that is not included. For the one night we were there, it cost $33+. I guess that's to be expected in a downtown area but it still seemed a little steep. All in all, I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're not interested in hearing the non-stop party on Bourbon St., request a room on the ins...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter? Share your experiences!