“Excellent staff, great rooms and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter

You added Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter to your Saves list
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   541 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel - Inn on Bourbon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #84 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent staff, great rooms and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Staff was very friendly and provided excellent customer service. Room was large and clean, loved the styling of the room as well. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. Location was great, on Bourbon Street so you are close to all the ecitement.
Used points for the reservation and was very pleased with the resulting room and recognition of my staus with SPG at check-in. The manager must have a knack for hiring great staff, there was a vast difference between the friendly and competent staff here and the staff at the W french Quarter where we spent most of our vacation in New Orleans. Wish we had stayed at the Four Points the whole time, would have been a better trip and I wouldn't have wasted so many extra Starpoints on the W.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was our second trip to NOLA. Last time we stayed in another hotel a few blocks off of Bourbon. It was also nice but the Sheraton topped it. First of all is the location. Centrally located for the Bourbon St. crawl. If you forget your jacket or need your camera it's right there. Yes it is being remodeled and showed some signs of wear but the bed was fantastic and comfortable, was very clean and our courtyard room was quiet. Three other couples we traveld with stayed there and aIl were very impressed with the staff. I never felt they were hustling us for a tip. The night time security was also very good. We felt very safe. Again, location location, location. As we were a group of middle aged folks looking for a weekend of youthful fun we could not have been happier with the hotel.

Room Tip: Courtyard for quiet, as well as the side of Tulouse St.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ausin TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We redeemed points for a 2-night stay here during a short road trip we had to take. That was the only way I'd have stayed here, since the room rates were usurious (by my standards).

The hotel is located at the corner of Bourbon and Toulouse, which is the thick of the nightlife in the French Quarter. Getting here by car after dusk was a pain because Google advised us to take Bourbon which was closed to traffic. Be ready for detours if you're driving.

Valet parking at over $30/night is the only parking option I could find.

We got a courtyard-facing king room, which was a blessing for our sleep. Rooms that face the street are rather noisy.

The building is definitely old. The floor in our 3rd floor room was quite uneven, not level. There was a faint odor in the room that we noticed in the first few minutes but it didn't bother us much.

The attached restaurant was deserted for the one night when we needed a quiet meal, and the chef customized our dinner as per our request. Of course there is plenty of dining within walking distance.

There was live music at the bar that I could hear on my way in and out. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall a good place to stay in the French Quarter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, right in the middle of the party. It's a little pricey, but you have to pay a little more for the convenience of being on bourbon street. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would go back or recommend it to a friend going to party on bourbon street.

• Stayed November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Well appointed room, with very comfortable beds and linen. The bathroom and room were both clean and the bathroom products were the best I've seen in a similarly-rated hotel in a while. Staff were friendly and the concierge were well-informed and extremely helpful with booking our ghost tour and city tours.

If all you really want is to experience the French quarter in New Orleans and do not have your own transport, then the location of this hotel is perfect! However there is little to no choice of mid-price bistro or family restaurants within 5 block, all eateries are either cheap and nasty, or expensive.

The next time I travel I would stay closer to canal street, but this is no reflection of the staff or the hotel's amenities, the decisn is purely based on location.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a very nice property located right in the heart of the action on Bourbon Street. On the downside, that means you can hear the late night crowd noise into the wee hours. But the room itself was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was very nice with a great location. (providing what you want to do) I love NOLA so even as a solo visitor for one night I booked with SPG as I always do as a platinum member. Upon arrival I was upgraded (sunday night helps with that always) and the room was nice and shower was just fine.

I ran into problem with a very slow internet connection and after making every attempt to fix it on my end... after speaking to a colleague I realized it was simply the internet was bad. This made it very difficult and had to walk and send some documents from a coffee shop. All easy fixes in all honesty.

Where i was very disappointed was with the cleanliness of my bed. After waking up and checking that all window were shut as it felt if someone was smoking in my face I realized my pillow had not been washed or were just that old that they reeked of smoke and it actually gave me a bit of a soar throat. When i told the staff, i was met with a simple. Sorry, while I appreciate that at 6am I was expecting something a little more above and beyond. So I went on a walk because I couldn't sleep any longer. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: if you want any view of the craziness dont expect to have a quiet room. Its BOURBON street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter? Share your experiences!