“Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #355 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Huck Finn's serves authentic cajun and creole food in a lovely New Orleans setting. We offer new Orleans signature drinks in a sports bar with 15 TVs. Come try the fried or blackened alligator and wash it down with our Signature Gator Bite drink.
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited this place based on a recommendation. It almost ruined our night. The food was pretty good, the Alligator bites were great. We ordered drinks with our appetizer. We didn't receive the drinks until we were almost finished with our dinner and the place was fairly empty. We had to ask the server for them three times. I paid $12 for a daquari that was so watered down it didn't taste like anything. My husbands hurricane was nothing but fruit juice. The servers rolled silverware and gossiped two tables away so we had to listen to their gossip all night long. They specifically complained about how slow it was yet continued to treat us terribly. I asked the server if they sold their "Huck Finn" Cajun spice and she said they were pretty much out but it's basically the same stuff from Walmart except with a Huck Finn label slapped on it. Don't go here. With so many great places to go, this place is not worth it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CajunEncounters, Director of Sales at Huck Finn's Cafe, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hi Lilscarlet15,

We are so sorry to hear of your experience. Your frustration is warranted, and honestly, felt by us as well. Sometimes all it takes is for one person on your staff to have a bad day, and your entire business reputation is put on the line.

Please trust that we are looking into this, and that the way you were treated is not ok.

In regard to the seasoning, your server was wrong. It is certainly not available at Walmart!!

We would love to send you a bottle, on the house of course. In addition to that, we definitely want to give you a refund for those drinks.

If you can, please shoot us an email with your contact information to info@huckfinnscafe.com, and we'll take care of everything. Just indicate that you are the person from TripAdvisor, and tell us the time and date of your visit so that we can check our records and make sure it's actually you. :-)

Again, we apologize, and we'd like to make it right. We thank you for visiting us and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to New Orleans!

North American
“Good service & good selection of typical New Orleans food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wanted to go to Coop's but it was raining hard so I stopped in here. There's nothing special or unique about it, but it's good, and right at the corner of Decatur & Iberville, very close to Canal Street. Great location, just a few steps from Canal St. Service was fast and friendly. Boudin balls were excellent. The New Orleans platter was great, especially if you can't decide between Crawfish Etouffee, Jambalaya, or Red Beans and Rice. Other than that, it's your standard New Orleans/bar food. (Fried pickles, po' boys, burgers, nachos). Service was very fast & friendly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The staff was super friendly - we walked in and were seated immediately. Our waiter had great stats on the city and some super recommendations of things to do around the city. Not to mention he was Ravens fan.

The coffee was great. Where things took a left turn for me was with the food. As only the breakfast menu was available my first thought was to order the French Market Breakfast Beignets, Coffee and Fruit. However, I had a craving to go with something southern from the gulf with those NOLA flavors so I decided I would take a chance, go high calorie and order the N'awlin's Eggs Benedict, Poached eggs (I requested that the be cooked HARD) atop of a homemade biscuit and grilled Chisesi ham, with a rich hollandaise sauce and potatoes.

The chef first sent out a poached egg that was so fresh a chicken came out when the plate was sat on the table. The good waiter even came out to check after the runner dropped the dish off because as he stated it came out the kitchen fast -- he took it back and 10 minutes later replaced the dish with two eggs that looked like they were cook to what I consider perfection until I cut into them. I sent if back deciding that I no longer had an appetite for breakfast.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi dMoniqueRenee,

Thanks so much for paying us a visit. We appreciate your visiting to us during your stay here in New Orleans.

We are happy to hear the staff treated you well and that you liked the coffee. We'll definitely send the sentiments out to the staff. It will make their day.

In regard to your eggs, please note that we take sincerest care in cooking special orders, and that your request was not taken lightly. We are sad to hear that the eggs fell short on your cravings in this instance. This is an instance that we will cover in our next team meeting, and will work to keep from happening again.

Should you visit New Orleans again in the future, please reach out to us. We would love to welcome you again to show you just what we can do.
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My first dinner when I arrived in NOLA was Huck Finn's Cafe. I was NOT disappointed. My dinner was great and the Gator drink was tasty. Wasn't crowded I guess it's because I dined in on a Monday night. I will return

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Redlands, California
“Great Food/Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

They handled our group of 16 in spectacular fashion. There were 10 12-15 year olds and six adults. We had multiple seperate checks and the waitress handled with ease. The food was spectacular. The Crawfish Etouffe was AWESOME!

Visited January 2013