“Great Drinks” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #919 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
“Great Drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This spot is next door to the Cotton Exchange hotel. We didn't have food, but the drinks are great! The staff were super friendly and gave us great tips for our vacation.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Not supporters of Southern Decadence”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A group of friends went into this bar and found it next door to the hotel we were staying at. The nice lady bartender was incredible. We started talking about Southern Decadence and how a lot of gays were staying at the hotel next door. We told her that if she displayed a gay flag outside, she would definitely get the business of the gay guests as they would see they were gay friendly. So my friend found a gay flag in the French Quarter for her, and gave it to her. She displayed it on the door, but we noticed it was gone when we got back from the Quarter. We stopped in again for a drink, and she said the owner had mixed feelings about displaying the flag and did not want to "label" the bar in any way. It kind of makes sense, but the bar was empty, and no customers except us were in there. Kinda sad since most businesses in the French Quarter had the gay flag flying at their front door, which brought in hundreds of gay customers that weekend. I guess they prefer to be empty rather than have a packed bar. Oh well. At least the drinks are good there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Incredibly rude staff, avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm amazed after reading the reviews from 2011 that the same bar man is still allowed to work there. Avoid this bar please. Especially if you are a British citizen, as this particular bar man clearly hates British people even though I'm sure the bar gets a lot of custom for travelling brits due to the nearby hotels. After ordering beer, I left my change of a couple of quarters at the bar, not as a tip but because I didn't want the change. I planned to leave an adequate tip before leaving. He then marched over to where I was sat, slammed the change on my table and told me not to to him change as it wasn't good enough. This idiot seems to forget he is hired to do a job and provide a good service. Why would you work in a tourist area if you hate brits so much? He was clearly looking for some reason to insult us due to his personal vendetta against British people. Please do not visit this bar unless you want to be aggressively insulted and patronised. If this place continues to hire him it should be closed down as they have no respect for visitors obviously. If the management read this, you should seriously reconsider hiring a bigoted, violent fool as a bar man. If you agree with his opinions, why not put up a sign on your door that says "no brits allowed" as that is clearly the case and we will go back in time to some social segregation and prejudice. Get rid of him for the good of the company. Why you'd not fire him after the police had to be called out previously for his aggression and hatred of tourists is beyond me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Local spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was next door to the hotel I stayed in. Mingled with a lot of locals. They were genuinely pleased to have us there. Felt at home. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to that bar but if you're in the area, I suggest stopping in.

Visited February 2013
Baton Rouge
“great cauliflower!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

That whole roasted cauliflower is a special, fabulous treat, especially if you're dining with a vegetarian! Nice wine list, too. Bit loud for my taste and the decor is sort of dated looking, already. I'd go back, but I wouldn't rush...

Visited February 2013