“Expect the Unexpected” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
NOLA
“Expect the Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Nice mix of locals, tourists, and young professionals chillin' after work. For locals (like myself), this place feels a lot like the Cheers of New Orleans, especially since they've started grilling every Sunday (Yay, free food!). You never know what or who you'll see next, and during football season it's a nonstop party. I was actually there during the incident mentioned by the tourist reviewer, and I have to say that while the bartender did overreact, his sentiment (anger at not being tipped, or being tipped far less than current protocols of American etiquette dictate, while at the same time offering good service and earning far less than minimum wage in shift pay) was understandable in context. Anyway, they have some great new bartenders and it's a nice change of pace from the Quarter. They sell cigars, have nice TVs, WiFi, and live music, and their Bloody Marys kick @$$! I I agree with a reviewer on another site who said that if you stop by and the atmosphere or bartender doesn't suit your fancy, just come back later, as their people have a wide range of personality types and interests. You're bound to find one you love- Definitely worth visiting!

Visited August 2011

50% Recommend
United Kingdom
“Tourists Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

******** DO NOT USE THIS BAR IF YOU ARE A TOURIST !!!!!!!! ******** We were on holiday and heard this bar was a nice place. From the minute we entered, the barman, a thin obnoxious young bearded guy, was aggressive and rude to us. Despite buying several rounds of drinks, and tipping him well, he turned off the music paid for by a wife of one of our group. Swore at her and said " We all hate you [--] Limeys get out my bar " He then threatened the ladies husband with a bottle and called the police. After the police spoke to him and all of us, he was given a citation for his behavior. Loved New Orleans and all the friendly people I met, but this guy needs to see a shrink for sure. He was very lucky he didn't get hurt. This was an exception, and apart from him, the people in New Orleans are friendly and welcoming and I enjoyed my time there. There are far better bars nearby, so don't waste your time and money there.

• Visited March 2011