“A great and refreshing lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brazilian, Caribbean, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Magazine
Description: Carmo is a New Orleans-based tropical restaurant and bar with a commitment to providing vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike with healthy and affordable dishes in a warm, friendly and casual atmosphere. The menu is built upon the rich, multi-cultural culinary influences found throughout the Caribbean, Central and South America, West Africa, Southeast Asian, Gulf South and beyond and features eclectic and traditional/traditionally-inspired dishes with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients, as well as unique and little-known flavors from around the world. Exotic fruit such as juice of the cocoa fruit (cacau), cupuacu, graviola (sour sop), caja and caju infuse Carmo's juice and cocktail menu with exciting new flavors.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“A great and refreshing lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Delicious and healthy food and fresh made juices made this the perfect nutrient boosting recovery lunch after a night of drinking.

Visited August 2013

Pittsburgh
“So delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant is a must if you are vegetarian. It was so hard to find a good vegetarian restaurant in NOLA - so we had to check this place out. The food was so good and fresh. I had a tuna salad sandwich and one of their tropical juices. Everything was delicious and I really like the atmosphere in the restaurant

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madrid
“Best in nola”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Amazing healthy delicious food! Great ambiance, casual and fun. Very reasonsably priced. Loads of vegetarian and vegan options.

Trumansburg, New York
“Lost one star for service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, but after sitting there for a half hour without my food (the special, which is usually something that doesn't take a lot of time) the waitstaff comes out with a plate looking for "Julie". Well, I'm not Julie but I raised my hand, because I thought maybe they got my name wrong. I said my name was Mary but I'd ordered quite a while ago - and people who had ordered after me had finished their dinners... And this woman says she's Julie and probably ate my dinner! Oops!
So here's a suggestion. If you're not going to wait on tables, do like they do at other restaurants and give diners a table marker, a number or a picture on a stand - check out how they do it at Cochon Butcher - so as to ensure the right food gets to the right table. Thanks! Also the food is more than in the $6 - $10 range so probably that should be changed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CafeCarmo, Owner at Carmo, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We apologize for the mix up on your order. It's something that happens very rarely, but we do feel that addressing people by their names is more dignified than by a number. We hope that you'll visit us again.
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Delicious international food and vegetarian friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to check this place out because it had great reviews as a vegetarian friendly place. We were not disappointed! I loved how pretty much every item could be made vegetarian or vegan (every place should be like this). We had the acaraje, so yummy and unique. The atmosphere is very laid back and friendly. This place is located in the business and is only a short drive from the French Quarter and we were able to find street parking. Also, the St. Charles street car line stops right by here. If you are looking for something different and delicious, go here!

Visited July 2013