“Yummy Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #671 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
“Yummy Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Small restaurant with small staff but very friendly and the food was delicious! My hubby said the jambalaya was some of the best he has had and the open face roast beef was so good I ate my whole plate!

San Diego, California
“Visit and food of New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

this was our first stop. staff was very friendly. small place. we had the Jambalaya, and Red Beans and rice. the bring out warm bread to keep you occupied. small bar inside as well. great food/service

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Was missing something, literally.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Walked in for lunch, place was pretty empty, the lights were dim, had a very 50's ambiance and I'm quite sure it wasn't on purpose, or maybe it was, who knows? Anyway ordered the Fried Shrimp Po Boi, which was quite good, with a side of very unexciting but adequate French fries. I also ordered a cup of they're seafood gumbo, but it never came. Which was find since I was stuffed and needed room for the mass amount of alcohol I was about to consume on Bourbon St. All in all place was avg, service was fine, prob won't return, but only because I wanna try new places.

Visited November 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Gumbo in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My mom and I had lunch here on our recent trip trip to NOLA. We were a little concerned that it wasn't very busy, but that was definitely not due to the food. This was the best gumbo I had in the city, and trust me a tried a lot. The atmosphere is pretty minimalist, but the food is superb.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, Florida
“A True GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I go there every time I am in New Orleans. Get a Dixie Beer and a couple dozen and you will be a happy camper.

I love the oysters and the atmosphere. Can't go wrong.

Like a step back in time.

• Visited April 2013