“Perfect stay in the heart of the French Quarter” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% off Best Rates
San Francisco, California
“Perfect stay in the heart of the French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a spectacular place to stay in New Orleans! The cottage we stayed in (No.1 - the two bedroom) is a gorgeous space with a large, comfortable living room and two beautiful bedrooms with private baths. The cottage has a private courtyard with a saltwater swimming pool that is well maintained. During our weekend stay, it seemed like we had the pool all to ourselves. The staff is courteous and our butler made sure everything was to our liking several times each day. The most amazing thing, however, is the location -- right off of Bourbon in the heart of the French Quarter. You would think that being right in the middle of that craziness would be loud, but we slept very soundly. All in all, a perfect stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
Silverhill, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've always wondered about the cottages and courtyards of the French Quarter. To step through the green gate at 509 Dauphine was incredible. I was greeted by the French Quarter Butler, Amanda, who showed me to my cottage. The building had a private courtyard lined by a brick wall and plants. Even though Bourbon Street is only a block away, the most noticeable sound was the water splashing in the fountain. The room was amazing. It had an antique appearance without the run-down or stale museum feel you find in many older buildings. The refrigerator and coffee machine were tucked away in an old armoire in the parlor. The beds were very comfortable. I was in Cottage 3 and I understand why they said it was Elizabeth Taylor's favorite. The whole place was beautiful and the staff was great. The only problem might have been that you've got the whole French Quarter right outside the door and you don't want to leave.

Room Tip: My cottage was on the street side, but I didn't have any problems with noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Barnegat, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went online and looked at all the pictures of the cottages before getting to them and saw some absolutely beautiful images and expected that maybe the pics weren't going to live up to what I was expecting but once I walked into the cottages I was completely WOWed! My butler met me at the gate and helped me to my cottage and made sure I was settled in nicely. The cottages {I was able to see several because it was a group trip} all have their own charm and character, each is decorated with a rustic charm. The bathrooms were my fav- black marble like tiles all over and just so sleek and spa like. Even though you are so close to Bourbon St. you walk into the cottages and it's tranquil and quiet. I had a semi private courtyard which was gorgeous and well maintained as the whole property was. The pool was warm and perfect for lounging around. Breakfast was fabulous, it was set up for my friends and I as if we were at home. Fresh fruits, muffins and juice and coffee as well as cereal and yogurts. The entire stay was seamless and pleasant.

Room Tip: I stayed in cottage 5 and there are 2 rooms there.. I couldn't hear my roomate at all!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were there four two nights and were I. Cottage 7. It was perfect I every way. Beautiful and comfortable room, great linen, minibar. Loved breakfasting. The courtyard. The pool was perfect. Just wanted to hang out there. It was the perfect place fora New Orleans summer trip. It's pricey but way more reasonable during the summer.

Room Tip: Read the reviews to pick your cottage. Summer prices are very reasonable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Cottages are truly an oasis in the middle ( not quite the middle) of the French Quarter. The pictures on the website are quite accurate. The courtyard is lovely with the saltwater swimming pool, private entrance and tropical foliage. I stayed in Cottage #6 which shares a patio with the cottage beside it. Right outside my door is a huge banana tree with a bunch of bananas hanging from the branches. The room is small but well appointed. Service is very good - happy, helpful staff. If you are interested in staying the FQ but would like some quite time and some privacy, this is the place for you. As a solo female traveller I have to say that I felt completely safe.

Room Tip: Note that cottage 6 is connected to another room (not another cottage). You can hear staff through...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am so happy that I stayed here. It is one of the most beautiful, secluded, and wonderful retreats that I have ever been to. Initially, we had booked cottage #7, but when we arrived, the toilet in that cottage was broken. They upgraded us to cottage #3 for the price of #7. Classy. After checking into the Dauphine, we walked a little down the street to a green door. Never did I imagine that door would literally open to paradise! As soon as you step through, you are no longer a block away from Bourbon Street, you are in a serene oasis. Tropical foliage and a glistening saltwater pool await you. Many of the cottages have their own courtyard that is also beautifully landscaped.
When staying there you also have access to a butler that can help you with recommendations, reservations, or just a local opinion. Ours was Stephanie and she was wonderful! In the morning a lovely continental breakfast is brought to your courtyard at a time that you request. Getting out of bed, walking outside in your PJ's and sitting down to a prepared breakfast is truly being spoiled!
The room and bathroom was spotless (and I am a clean freak)! The room we stayed in had two bedrooms and two baths, so it could easily accommodate two couples. Beautifully decorated to fit the era and area. Make sure you browse through the huge book of birds that Mr. Audubon wrote and illustrated. Interesting. Also, oddly enough, you are in the middle of all the action, but you cannot hear a thing. It is literally quiet. That's worth the price alone! The room was plenty spacious with a comfortable couch and dining table. Nicely appointed with a very chic drawer refrigerator full of water and cokes.
The pool was absolute heaven! I immensely enjoyed lounging by it and swimming in it!
Only stayed here two nights, but would have definitely stayed more. If I ever return to NOLA I will be staying here! Loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place would have to be one of the most enjoyable stays we have ever experienced. I found these wonderful cottages on Trip Advisor, and to be honest I thought the reviews and pictures sounded too good to be true and was actually worried that it couldn't live up to the expectation. Not only was it true, it EXCEEDED our expectations well and truly!

All previous reviews have described the property in beautiful details I couldn't say anymore in that regard, but what I would like to say is what a pleasure it was to have the extra components of Cody our Butler (Thanks for the Tony's!!), Jeffrey who was so informative about New Orleans and the very sweet Lynelle (I hope I spelt that right?) she was so gorgeous I could have packed her up and taken her with me:)

New Orleans was wonderful and staying here was icing on the cake, it will be very hard to ever top this stay!

Thank you to all staff at Audubon Cottages, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Audubon Cottages? Share your experiences!