“On the town” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #219 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Description: In the olden times, ranchers adorned their cows with custom bells to identify them as they ate their way through the open range. The mellifluous ring of the cowbell reminds the rancher to bring those delicious meats to us, so that we can serve them to you in the Riverbend. Cowbell in New Orleans is where you can find food. Handmade. Simple. Delicious.BYOB 'til the city sets us free.
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
“On the town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food is very good here, excellent burgers, fries and specials. The fry sauce is out of this world. I find it to be a little pricy for what it is a burger joint but it is a great place for lunch and their specials are normally very good. Worth a try if you want a really good burger and fries!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
“Down home and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This small joint located at the end of Oak Street near the Ms levee can be counted on to deliver wonderful soups, daily specials, and regular menu items. My wife and I eat there almost once a week and are never disappointed.

I personally love soup, and this place produces some great soup. Usually it is non-dairy based, and is some sort of bean type base. However, the soup is determined by the season. They have great gazpacho in the summer, and great hearty soups in the winter.

The specials are always unusual, and also very good. They usually try to have a special which has a fish theme, and another special with a meat theme. Always good. Although in two years I have never had their hamburger, most people consider this their specialty. They have wonderful homemade condiments, such as agogo sauce and ketchup, to go with the burger and fries. My wife gets it often, and always loves it. Finally, they are known for their mac and cheese and variations thereon. I have never eaten this, as I try to stay away from dairy, but it is well liked and often ordered.

Finally, the best place to sit is at the bar. The staff is friendly and the activity frenetic.

I recommend this place to anyone at anytime!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy juicy and delicious burgers!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was in Burger heaven!! Every juicy bite kept me coming back for more.. French fries tasted fresh.. Oyster from the salad was yummy.. But I didn't like it with the salad that was provided.. The Mac and cheese tasted better while hot.. It's definitely different compared to other restaurant..

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“BEST burgers, BEST Mac and Cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been living in New Orleans for almost three years now and unfortunately for me, I just discovered this place a couple months ago. I'm always looking for a good gourmet burger and this is by far the best I've had! They're Mac and cheese is also to die for but it's a lot of food so you must go hungry or share!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best burger in town so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I have been in search of the best burger in New Orleans and so far Cowbell holds that title. They even have the best buns. The only appetizer I've had was the figgy toast which consists of croutons with a bleu cheese on them and figs mixed with sausage. Amazing. They always have really great looking specials. I'll be going back this Saturday to try something new!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere