“Give your taste buds a treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria

The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria
3128 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115-2305 (Irish Channel)
504-941-7560
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Irish Channel
Ireland
“Give your taste buds a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stumbled across this place during a busy lunch time. We took a pager and we're told about a 20 min wait. There is seating inside and picnic bench seating outside. I wasn't expecting much it looks like a typical lunch time quick stop/fast food joint but it's not! We only waited 5 mins or so and our pager buzzed. We were brought to an outside bench which was great as weather was fab. The service was quick and attentive and despite the place being really busy the staff were calm and relaxed which created a lovely atmosphere. Food is delicious, fresh and well presented. Very Reasonably priced menu for quality of food. Wanted to go back again but was bit of a trek from where we were staying in the French quarter but I'm sorry we didn't. Magazine street was a cool place to stroll around during the day I'd say it's even better at night. Don't miss this place if your in the garden district - one of the best meals I had in NOLA

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Obsessed with Rum House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is in an area of Magazine Street where if there is no line, it is probably not any good. So that being said prepare to wait. There is always a long line at Rum house but they move it along quickly and they do not take call aheads or reservations. Start out with the Nachos, they are a meal unto themselves but they are amazing. Then go for the taco meals. My personal favorites are the pork mole and carolina, great meat with a delicious bright salsa on top. For sides my favorites are the plantains (perfectly caramelized) and the black beans. I'm getting hungry just writing this review! I have brought almost all my out of town guests here and everyone has loved it, however a few of the hungry males thought the small tacos were not worth it (so if you are really hungry go for the 4 taco meal.) I love the rum punch for my drink or a frozen margarita. If it's tuesday be prepared to wait, lines are ridiculous for $2 taco night.

Cape May, New Jersey
“Oh man, so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was here on my last trip a few times. This trip I ate here four times. Yes, it was that good. Try to get a table outside as it can be noisy inside. The food quality was outstanding, and I'll say it again, the plantains were the best I have ever had! On two dollar taco Tuesday, I had the Duck Confit (yea, you read that right), the Flaked Fish with Asparagus and a Pork Mole. All were delicious! I also had the Coconut Mango Rice as a side that was really good. This is another place on my NOLA favorites list and a place I can't wait to go back to!

santa fe
“Gets Better and Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The food is just mouth-watering. I fondly remember it from last year, but this year was even better. The price and value is excellent too. We were eating in the mid-afternoon and a weekday and there were quite a few Moms here with babies in bassenettes, strollers and buggies. New Orleans somehow, has evidently become a fine place to raise a family. Turns out that happy hour starts at three, so neighborhood moms walk over there around 2:30, have a nice lunch, and a glass of wine and then I suppose, go home for 'nap time.'

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
vermont
“Taco Tuesday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stumbled upon this place after a tour of the garden district. They graciously accommodated a large group of 7. They have a menu with at least 15 tacos! I had the lamb vindaloo and the fried oyster, very tasty, and at $2 a best buy in NOLA! Yummy food, friendly staff, a great find.

• 4 of 5 stars Food