“Delish!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Gravy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 1,516 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, American, Organic, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canal
Transit: St. Charles Streetcar 2 blocks. Canal St Streetcar on Corner. Riverfront Streetcar 3 blocks
Description: Bright and cheereful spot at the edge of the CBD, just across from the French Quarter. Red Gravy is a dedicated Farm to Table restaurant, sourcing most of our ingredients from local farmers, fishers and bakers. Specializing in traditional and rustic Italian cusisine, including our handmade pasta. Please join us for our lively brunch, served Wednesday through Monday,with live music during our weekend brunch, or candlelit dinner Thursday through Saturday. Come and eat, I always make too much!
USA
“Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I wish I knew about this place sooner. Probably would have had breakfast there every other day!
Have to alternate with Ruby Slippers. Yummers!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Not my Breakfast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The breakfast is toooooo fat I had a stomach aid since morning not my kind of food but I have to say the workers are friendly

VeraBlue, Owner at Red Gravy, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. You give no indication what you ordered. This week, we've had many specials, including a fresh berry/yogurt parfait with a homemade cinnamon roll; a fresh fruit cup with a biscuit and homemade jam; and a grass fed beef patty, eggs and homemade cornbread. There are several omelets and sandwiches that are extremely low in fat - the pomodoro omelet and the Jim sandwich immediately come to mind; or our pancakes. There are several items that contain cheese and cream, but those ingredients are mentioned on the menu. If you care to return, I'd be happy to point you in the direction of some of the lighter items. Red Gravy is proud to be a farm to table restaurant, sourcing the majority of our ingredients from local farmers, fishers and bakers.
western ny
“Reviews are right, it's a great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Having read many reviews and having a friend tell me how good it was when she was in town for a conference, I knew it had to be on my list. I was the only one there when I arrived shortly after 7 on a weekday which surprised me. The server was very friendly, a bit wacky, but friendly and he did his job well. Many tasty sounding menu choices. Order of lost bread (similar to French toast) was more than good sized, and I had to add a meatball and "red gravy" side after reading all the accolades. And yes, it was that good! Smooth meatball, cooked very well and sauce was smooth too. Two thumbs up!

• Visited October 2013
NY
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The breakfast here was delicious. Its 2 blocks outside the quarter. The owner was walking around yelling at people and barking orders. They also wouldn't make any substitutions. We enjoyed our food but due to the vibe of the owner and workers we wouldn't go back. We also waited a very long time for the check.

Visited May 2013
VeraBlue, Owner at Red Gravy, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I'm so happy you enjoyed your meal, thank you for the review. I don't yell and I don't bark. I do manage a great team of servers and chefs with mutual respect for each other. We enjoy an excellent rapport as evidenced by the fact that most of my team has been at Red Gravy over a year, and some over two years. In the service industry that is a major milestone. Perhaps if you'd spoken to me, I could have eased your concerns. Again, I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal. The entire staff is equally responsible for your good experience.
Crowley, Louisiana
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

On a recent trip to New Orleans, I came across a gem...The Red Gravy. I was looking for a quick breakfast before having to rush to the airport. I happened upon this quaint place and stopped in. I am so very glad I did. The meal was fantastic...the service was great and the atmosphere was delightful. This will definitely be a regular must do on my next trip!!!

• Visited October 2013